January 6, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: Happy New Year 2010

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
January 6, 2010- TCS # 180

Hello everyone and Welcome Back to another exciting year of Newsletters to Inspire you. But, first off, Happy New Year! And Welcome to 2010. I believe 2010 will be an awesome year for you and all of us here at The Christianville Spirit. So, to start off this year I’m going to write about the song they play at the very beginning of the year, “Auld Lang Syne”. So, for the past several years; I asked in my mind, what does this song mean? And Every New Years, it’s sung and I didn’t know what it meant. But the thing is it means different things to different people. For some people it means that you should completely forget what happened in the past year and move on to the New Year. For Other People, it means you go through your friends and events list. Then, picks which ones you want to get rid of. And, of course, there are people who had such a bad year, they want to forget EVERYTHING that year and really can’t wait to scream, Happy New Year! So, those are a just a couple of meanings to that song. So, here’s what the song means to me. This story goes back to when I was in about 7th Grade when I had to take a Figurative Language Class and they taught me the saying “Wipe the Slate Clean” and I asked if it applied to New Years and, well it stuck. So, every New Year’s I do my normal things like take down my Christmas stuff; write a year-in-review, and many others. But, when I get to say Happy New Year, I wipe my slate of whatever negative things happened, something I just don’t want to remember, or something I did wrong. I wipe it all clean and can’t wait to begin the New Year. And, I’m only kidding here. But, nothing is funnier and my New Years isn’t complete until hearing Lake Superior State University’s list of overly used and banned words for the next year. And, yes a lot of them are pretty funny. So, all in all that’s what I believe that this songs; what does it mean to you?


Thanks for reading the Christianville Spirit. New Years is starting the year off right, don’t start it the wrong way.

No comments: