May 13, 2009

The Christianville Spirit:(TCS Series) The Things We Do


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
May 13, 2009- TCS # 148
Ok, Everyone. It’s time for the 4th installment of The Christianville Sprit Series “Potocki-Lupski Syndrome: Christian’s Story”. For this installment I’m going to elaborate as much as I can about what parts of my Special Needs there are. The first one is about my motor skills, when I was little one of my issues was with buttoned pants; I had issues buttoning them on and off. So, I now wear athletic pants that are easy to pull up and down. Although I do wear button pants too and I can button them now; Another thing I had trouble with was tying my shoes, I liked to just slip them on and go instead spending time tying them because it was hard for me to figure out how to do it. One major important thing about understanding your child is that they’re very schedule and routine oriented. They do things at a specific time and in a specific order like when I was going to High School, I always had to get up at 7:56 each morning and Today, I have to get up on a time ending in 5. Another thing we do is have anxiety and fears, some of those things are as simple trying new things, I get all worked up about trying something new. There was one time that Mr. Jeff (a guy My Mom was dating) had a boat and when I got on it I started gagging and after get going on the boat I was fine. Another time was when My Mom put me on a slide and I started crying because I didn’t want to go down it and after I went down it. I wanted to go on it again and again. We have also sensitivities which have to do with food textures, lights, and sounds. All My Life I have had some kind of food texture issue when I was little was Mac n’ Cheese, Pasta, and Yogurt; The sunlight really bothered me. Sounds like were louder than they actually were. The final thing we do is called stemming. One of those things was pacing back and forth and lining things up like my toy cars I had. All in all, those are the things that make us special.
 
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. We are special in our own way, special needs or not.

No comments: