April 22, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: The Sister of My Childhood

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
April 22, 2009- TCS # 145

As you all know, I have told you a lot about my childhood and how I grew up at Mr. Jeff’s House. We had a lot of fun growing up there. There was 7 of us Me, Michael, Alex, Mr. Jeff, My Mom, Jeffery, and of course Izzy. As most people in the Christianville Metro Area know that one of our sister cities is Izzyville, MS which the neighbor to the south of Christianville. Izzy is in way is part of my family and Christianville’s originality, she’s always been there. You see, If My Mom would have married Mr. Jeff, which he wanted her to; Izzy would have been My Sister. Though I do have a sister named Hope down in Houston but, she is my Step-Sister which to me doesn’t mean much to me because I was never that close to Hope. Izzy however, I was close to her. Heck, I grew up with her. Now, although Izzy would technically been another Step-Sister, I actually would have considered Izzy my sister. Why? Because we were close and I’ve always wanted a sister but, I wouldn’t want My Mom to have another baby. Now, aside from that I and she had great fun and memories. At Mr. Jeff’s we had a creek and a trampoline in our backyard and in top of that between us and The Herrick’s House there was no fence. Anyway, there were many times we would go down into the creek and run through the water and one time we even made a dam. Usually, during the day we were either in the creek, at the Herrick’s, or on the trampoline. A funny memory that I am thinking as I write is one time My Dad came to town for my birthday and surprised me with a Bounce House. Anyway, that day in our back yard was both a Bounce House and the trampoline. Although, we jumped in The Bounce House; the funny thing was we jumped on the trampoline more. Also, not only did we have a trampoline and the creek. But, our friend down the street named Hunter and Ashley Hooper had a pool to swim in. all in all, it was an awesome childhood filled with great memories.

Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Enjoy and cherish your Life and The People you have. Cause, it can be taken away so easily.

No comments: