April 9, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; Popi


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
April 9, 2008- TCS # 97
So, A couple days I was on my Facebook page listening to music like I always do and I decided to play “Against the Wind” by Bob Segar and dedicated it to Popi since he’s still in the hospital. And, then I thought “Well, maybe I should detail his life in a list of songs to show the legacy that he has and the legacy he’ll leave in our heart now and forever. Now, my veteran readers of The Christianville Spirit know that I hadn’t hit a good series of newsletter in a while and I’m sure they think we’re long over due. So, here is. I call this series “Soundtrack of Your Life”. You know how we want to know what the world is in God’s Plan for us. Well, think of this way. God is listening to his I-pod, I-phone, or other music devices playing the songs of your life. Which ever stage you’re on, it’s a song. When the song is over, the next song comes on. Or in other words that’s another stage. So, considering Popi’s current condition and believe it or not he’s still chasing nurses around. So, either there must be a lot of nurses to chase or those nurses must pretty for him to stay this long. But, without further a due, this is The Play list of Popi’s Life. First song we’ll start off with is when Popi being born to when he was young “Walk Of Life” by Dire Straits. He was just beginning his life as he was born. Little did he know what a life he was going to live or a legacy he was going to lead? Then, that famous story of him and “Rags” getting into trouble together with the girl that hung around them. For this episode we’ll play “I get by with a little help from My Friends” by The Beatles because even thought they would get into trouble to no end, they have been some pretty good friends. Next, several years later he marries his first wife, Grandma Honey for which we’ll play “Heaven” by Bryan Adams. Next, her and Popi have Julie Smith (who will soon be My Mom), Bruce Smith (Uncle Bruce), Craig Smith (Uncle Craig), and finally Brian Smith (Uncle Brian). After all those children we’ll play “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns and Roses. Later, he sadly divorces Grandma Honey and later married My Steppi Sue, for this we’ll play “Life’s Been Good” by The Eagles. A couple years later, was one of my memories tied to his life and that was the Spring Break that we went to up North to a friend’s cabin; for this we’ll play “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts. About a year later, we went to up to Toledo for My Grandma Mimi 90th Birthday on Super Bowl Weekend when it was in Detroit. That night My Uncle Bruce, Aunt Carolee, and Popi for some reason drove into Downtown Detroit to see all Super Bowl celebrations. For this we’ll play “I Want Rock N’ Roll All Night” by Kiss. So, we’ll add all his life and legacy together and play the “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong for the last song of Popi’s Play list Series. All in all though, he has led quite an awesome live and legacy. But, no matter what happens to him now. His legacy will live on forever; he’s made a good hand print on the world. And, his hand print is like no other in the world!


Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. What’s the Play list like in your life?

No comments: