February 2, 2023

The Christianville Spirit: My 800th Newsletter (Readers Choice III)


The Christianville Spirit 

The Spirit that Creates New Beginnings 

February 1st, 2023 – TCS # 800 

 

Well, My Readers, It is The Moment that We have been waiting for, My 800th Newsletter! Yes, Ladies and Gents, 800 Newsletters that I have written! So, I am just as surprised as You are! I am amazed that It is My 800th Newsletter!  

Before I forget, I have a Website Announcement!  

In Honor of My 800th Newsletter, I also added Three Newsletters to My “Christian’s Geography Corner” Section on My Website! They are The Three Part Newsletter Mini-Series titled “My Adventure List” along with The Part Number and The Year. I also Organized My “Fascination with Europe” Newsletter Series in Order by Year as well! I hope You enjoy The New Changes 

Historically speaking, When I started Writing This Newsletter, It was not Every Wednesday, it was more like Every Other Week and then, on Odd Days like Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday to name a few. I finally chose Wednesday to make it a routine and It stuck. I figured also that Nothing was going on that day and It was a Perfect Time of The WeekI have been Writing Every Wednesday Faithfully with a Few Breaks or Vacations since then. So, Before We get to the Subject of The 800th Newsletter, Let’s see what I wrote about in Past, what I now call “Milestone Newsletters”. The Following are references and Newsletter Titles.  

+++ 100th Newsletter: “Playlist of Your Life” Series; Popi (April 2008) 

+++ 200th Newsletter: “All Thanks to You” Series; My Readers (May 2010) 

+++ 300th Newsletter: Launch of My “I Believe In Love” Campaign (May 2012) 

+++ 400th Newsletter: “Happiness....Simplified” Series: What is Happiness to Me (May 2014) 

+++ 500th Newsletter: My Dreamscape- Now (June 2016) 

+++ 600th Newsletter: Thank You for An Amazing Childhood, Mr. Jeff! (July 2018) 

+++ 700th Newsletter: Readers Choice II (August 2020) 

 

and, That brings us to Now! So, I had a Last Minute Idea that 

I was going to Let You, My Readers choose What I was going to write about for This Newsletter, This Time with a Twist! I wanted to put a Poll on My Website with Topics that I was thinking about Writing about and I figured that It would be Better to put it on My Facebook. Just like Last Time, I gave Several Options of The Following: Adulting as a PTLSer; A Geography Lesson (Please Say Where); and, PTLS Related. The Results were Somewhat Surprising but, This Time I kind of Expected The Answer, but I Never Expect The Among of Votes per Poll.  

It was The Following Vote Tallies. Starting with The Least Amount of Votes. PTLS Related (Specify the Topic!) with 0 Votes; A Geography Lesson (Please Say Where) with 1 Vote; and Finally, “Adulting” as A PTLSer with 13 Votes.  

So, My Reader’s Chose for Me to Write about Adulting.  

Ahh, Yes! Adulting! That Weird Phrase that Everyone knows, Kind of (Keyword here “Kind of”) knows What It means, and Also, is Slightly Annoyed like. In Other Words, Kind of a Complex Topic and One that I kind of Struggle with, not because of What It means but, Sometimes, What It is.  

So, Question here, What is Adulting? So, Adulting is a One of Many Slang Phrases that Young People in My Generation to mean Something that basically Everyone does Pretty Much more than Half of Their Life.  

Basically, According to The Law (at Least in The US, Anyway), since You turned 18 Years Old, You are an Adult. When You become an Adult, Well that is Where The Fun begins! YA Know, I can’t tell you how many Times when I was Young that I wanted to be an Adult and Also, on The TV Shows I watched when I was Kid, They always said “I can’t Wait to be an Adult!”. You get to do Whatever You want! If You want to Drive somewhere, You get in The Car and Go! You want to Watch that Rated R Movie with Cursing, Sex, and Gross-Out Nonsense?! You can do it that! Drink that Colored Drink that Looks soo Good when It look at it on The Menu! Yep, You can Drink that if You want! Oh, Being an Adult is so Much Fun! (Record Scratching) (Silence) (Clearing Throat) Being The First to talk after Silence is Awkward! But, Hold on a Halla-Pickin'-Minute! So, We still haven’t gotten to What Adulting is! 

Okay, so Adulting. Translation: Being an Adult and The Art of Being an Adult. In Other Words, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Having a Place where You work at and Have to do actual do Work (aka Having a Job); Having Those-Sounds-like-Fun (Sometimes) Responsibilities, like Yourself, Animals if You have any (like Your Dog or Cat), and Yes, even Another Person, like a Child or Your Romantic Person; Paying those Annoying Things called Bills (Water, Food, Electricity, Cable/Streaming Apps, and Credit Cards); and, Finally Conducting Yourself to Live Everyday (like Eating, Being Social, and Of Course, Being an Overall Good Person). See, Adulting! Not that Hard, right?! (Silence Again) 

Now, There has a been a Thought that Comes to My Mind that Adulting or At Least, The Hard Adulting, does not come to Those with Special Needs because They are Innocent in All this! And, Generally, Us PTLSers are Happy Adults. We don’t like to Party too Hard (Except with a Small Crowd); We like to Hang Out with Family or have a Good Friend or Two; We are Generally Homebodies; We like to talk about Topics that We want to talk about; We want to be in a Relationship with A Forever Romantic Person; Among many other Things. 

Now, I would like to Imagine that I handle Adulting well, The Easy Adulting that is. I am Responsible for Myself and The Dogs; I Pay for The Movies I watch on ITunes with Gift Cards; I write This Newsletter (which is Sort of like a Job). 

Don’t Get Me Wrong, Adulting can be Fun, but It can Ruin Our Innocence. Because the Problem with Us PTLSers could be that We have No Filter; We see The Good in People; We don’t always see The Dangers in a Situation; and We don’t always know how to Get Out of The Dangerous Situations that could cause Harm; Our Reaction Time is not always Fast; We get Anxious easily; How We see a Situation, is Often Not what it really is; and, Finally, Understanding Responsibilities does not come Easily. All in all, Adulting is not Easy for Us and We do Better when We have Someone to help Manage Our Lives. 

 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be Happy, Modify, and Adult On, My Friends! 

 

No comments: