September 19, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Born This Way Wedding


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
September 19th, 2018-TCS # 607

Howdy Y’all, My Readers! That is how We say hello in Texas! Happy Birthday and Shout Out to My Lil’ PTLS Sis’, McKenna! She is 16 Years Old Today! Happy Birthday McKenna! Now, On to This Week’s Newsletter. You Know, There are Sometimes when You watch a TV Show and You think, “Yeah Right, How does XYZ Show relate to Me? Does it Teach? Does it make You Feel?”. Most of The Time, TV Shows don’t relate to You. More Often, You relate to Them. But, What about a Show that does both? It relates to You and You relate to It. Well, There are a Few Shows that I have related to, like The Good Doctor. By The Way, The Good Doctor will be on This Monday here in The United States for a Second Season. A bit of Advice, Watch the Whole First Season first before going into The Second. I Digress. Anyway, There is Another Show that I have been watching called Born This Way, It basically shows The Lives of Several Young Adults with Down Syndrome living their Lives and Going to a Special Needs Community Center to meet and Hang out in Los Angeles. Anyway, Born This Way is a Series on A&E that explains What it is like to Live with Down Syndrome, from The Point of View of The Person themselves as well as Their Parents. Topics in The Show cover Their View on Many Things including Life, Jobs, Independence, Love, The Want of Children, Marriage, and Of Course, Sex. Sometimes, The Down Syndrome-ers have trouble talking about Sex, so They refer to it as “The S-Word”. Now, It is Previous Episode of This Show that really touched me and Made me Think about My Life. It seems like Every Time that My Mom and I watch that show, It always prompts up Discussions about My own Point of View. In This Case, It was Deep. You See, One of The “Down Syndrome-ers” named Christina was like a Typical Special Needs Woman who wants Love, Marriage, and Children. And, She eventually went on a Date with Someone who had a Different Special Needs named Angel. Christina and Angel’s Relationship developed over The Course of The Show. They went on a Date; They became Boyfriend and Girlfriend; eventually Angel proposed, Leading us to The Previous Episode, The Wedding! Yes, Christina and Angel got Married! Now, I personally thought that It would be a Special Needsy kind of Wedding, Everything Adapted. Nope! It was Far from It! It was a Huge Wedding! It looked to be Expensive and It was! They had Beautiful Vows, They personalized them, and Of Course, They had their First Dance to a Very Romantic Country Song. I actually remember it, It was “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait. I am poking at Myself a little and My Friend, Deb will know Why! Anyway, It really made me think about My Future Wedding, now that I have what it is like for Two People with Special Needs getting Married. 
With My Anxiety and Being Overwhelmed easily, How would I handle My Own Wedding. It is different when It is  Someone Else’s Wedding where if The Music is too Loud or It is too Overwhelming, You can go somewhere, Where it is Quieter. Just a Fair Warning; Being Real with You here, At The Time of Writing This, My Thoughts were Very Scattered because This is a Very Difficult Topic for Me to write about. Trying to combine My Future Dreams and Reality!

Now, I have been to My Share of Weddings, Good Friends, Family Friends, and Yes, I was part of The Wedding Team in My Uncle’s Wedding. So, I know what it is like. The Largest Wedding I remember was both My Uncle’s Wedding and My Cousin Charlotte’s Wedding. They were Big Weddings with at least 50 to 70 People or Higher. Of Course, The Opposite, A Smaller Wedding was My Former Neighbour’s, Rob and Caree’s Wedding where The Ceremony was at a Church and The Reception was at Their Parent’s House. After Experiencing Big and Small Weddings, I think I would prefer a Smaller Wedding.

Just Thinking about All The Traditions and Rituals of a Wedding Ceremony, The Reception, and Even Pre-Wedding Events makes me Anxious just thinking about.
I have done a lot of Thinking and Preparation about This. I even came up with a YouTube Playlist of Songs to Play at My Wedding. 
I am not sure how The Wedding Ring would feel on My Finger and Whether I would like it or not.
I am not sure how How Anxiety I will be. Either Calm and Natural or So Nervous and Sick to My Stomach. 
Don’t Worry for Those Attend because The Music will not be too Loud, It will be Easy to dance to. 
I figured that if Two Special Need People can have a Pretty-Close-to Typical Wedding, than Maybe I can. Mine will be a little Easier. 
As Seen on The Show, Christina had a few times when She panicked and She was not sure if She wanted to get Married. That is My Worry as well, where I have an Anxiety Attack not being sure about What I am doing. Because of The Money spend, People coming, and My Future Wife waiting for Me. 
All in all, as Long as I am Calm and Natural because I am Marrying The Woman of My Dreams. Because I am told that It will feel Right when I marry Her. My Mom on the other hand, will be Crying her Eyes out!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Love should be given to those who are Typical and Those with Special Needs!

No comments: