January 18, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: About The Airplane Gods



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
January 18th, 2017-TCS # 529

Hallo, My Readers! So, This is a New Greeting and A Very Easy One! It means Hello in German, most likely Swiss German. Did I mention that My Mom’s Side of The Family is Part German and Part Italian? I think I mentioned that a Time or too. In case I have not, My Mom’s Side of The Family is German/Italian and My Dad’s Side is Part Puerto Rican. By The Way, I learned the Swiss German “Hello” from a Book I am reading about Someone Ex-patting to Switzerland, I will let you know more about it, as I continue Reading It. It is called Swiss Life: The 30 Things I Wish I’d Known If You want to Read It Yourself! So, onto This Week’s Newsletter! So, In My “Happy New Year 2017” Newsletter (Refer to That Newsletter), I had Mentioned about Hoping to Travel a lot and Something that I referred to as Airplane Gods. Now, Folks! I want to let you know now, Anything I say in This Newsletter is not to Offend or To Sound Sacrilegious, but Believe Me, Everyone has thought of This anytime They Travel. So, Airplane Gods, What are they? Most People refer to Them as “Travel Gods”, but for Me, It is Airplanes Gods. They are The Gods responsible for Preventing The Airplane Traveller from Certain Annoyances while Flying. Now, For The Record, I do not mind Flying, It is Quick, Fast, and Gets You where You need to go. Honestly, I prefer Driving, but that is just Me. In The Times that You can’t drive or It takes too Long to Drive, It is better to Fly. So, The Airplane Gods, depending on a lot of Things, can be Really Good (Hello Free Upgrade, First Class, and Window Seat. Ohhh Yeah!) to Not-So-Great (Loud or Annoying People, a Very Long Flight, and a Crying Baby and/or Toddler). So, What makes a Perfect Airplane God flight for Me. 
Well, I think My Biggest Concern with The Airplane Gods that be, are Babies and Toddlers. Now, Yes, I know Sometimes, Parents of These Kids do not have an option of Where to Sit, Although These Days, IF They want to Pay More They can select a Seat that Helps Them The Most. I am told that It is the Bulkhead on International and Front of The Plane (Average), nearest to The Bathroom for Domestic. People have Their Reasons for Why, Mine is because I don’t like People or Animals in Distress. To Me, Hearing a Baby crying or Toddler crying is them being in Distress and I feel helpless because I would like to help them. I have heard that IF You have to sit near a Baby or a Toddler, Most People say, The Baby because, There are Ways to help The Baby in both the Parents end and the Helpers end. Toddlers, not so much. they will more than likely Kick the Seat if They are Bored! So, In My Airplane God Hopes in Flying, Not sitting in Hearing Distance of a Baby or Toddler is at The Top of My List. 
So, The Second Thing on My Airplane God Hope list, Two Words, Window Seat! Now, Come on, Who doesn’t want to sit in The Window Seat? hmm, Perhaps those that are Scared of Flying. I would be happy to trade your Window Seat that You are Dreading for the Aisle Seat, Kind Sir! When I was a Kid, flying on Southwest Airlines (Good Airline!) with My Brother to San Antonio to see My Dad every other weekend, In My Little Mind, It seemed like EVERYONE wanted The Window Seat. Now, baring in Mind that It was Free Seating and Not Assigned like Most Airlines. There were Times when My Brother wanted the Window Seat and So did I, We argued about it. Sometimes, I let Michael do it and Mostly I would get it. Most Likely because He was not Interested in looking out The Window like I am. These Days though, to Get a Window Seat on Assigned-Seat Airlines, You have to Pay more! For Me though, It is worth it! I get to See where We are, See a Town and either know What Town it is or Guess What Town it is. So, as I have learned, on International Flights, Window Seats aren’t The Best because It is Hard to Sleep. or Maybe It is just me because I am so Excited about Where We are going.
That brings me to The Third thing on the Airplane God Hope List only applies to International Flights. You Must Sleeeeep Yes, Folks! For Me, It is as Hard to Sleep on a Plane as it is for Me to Sleep in The Car. This is where I hope that There aren’t Annoying People on The Flight. When We flew to London to go to Stockholm, We had People talking Very Loudly and Kicking My Seat. When We flew to Madrid on Iberia, My Mom and I got to have a Bonus of NO Middle Seat! It was actually Two Seats-Four Seats-Two Seats. It was hard for Me to Sleep even meeting most of My Hopes. 
And, Finally, Let’s talk about The Final Thing on the Airplane God Hope List. Extras In an Ultimate Dream, I would Love to Ride in Business or First Class going on an International Flight. I would Love to Ride on a Double-Decker Airplane to really get a feel of How Big It Is! When It comes to Boarding The Plane, It take me a little longer to get in and get situated and It can bring some Anxiety, so I have now started boarding The Plane first so that I can get My Self Situated and that has really helped to calm My Anxiety of trying to get situated without People getting upset with Me. Now, I don’t have to Worry about People trampling Me because I am slower when I am getting My Stuff up. All in all, That is My Airplane Gods Hope List. What’s Yours?


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Next Time You have to Fly, Talk to The Airplane Gods

No comments: