May 4, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: Why We Have Moms Rerun




The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
May 4, 2016-TCS # 495

Happy (Early) Mother’s Day, My Readers! I am glad that April is Over! I Hate April! Refer to, “My Feelings about April and God” Newsletter for More... Anyway, I did not know this that apparently The UK and The US have Different Mother’s Day and known by Different Names and Different Times. I found out on A Site about National Holidays around The World. You See, Many Times on Facebook, I have seen People wish PTLS Family Members in The UK a Happy Mother’s Day, Not on Our Mother’s Day. I thought, “How is that possible?!”. So, I apologize for the Confusion. Now, If You are Curious about The Names, UK Mother’s Day known as “Mothering Sunday” is in March while US Mother’s Day called simply “Mother’s Day” is The Second Sunday in May. Reading The Names, I like both names, but You have to admit that The Sound of “Mothering Sunday” sounds a bit cooler. Anyway, So on to This Week’s Newsletter. This Week, I am going to Rerun a Gold Newsletter that I had Written about Mother’s Day. A Bit of a Background here though, First of All, the Basics, This Newsletter was written on May 15th of 2013 (Refer to Newsletter 351). I’m not sue if I mentioned in The Newsletter below about The Origin but, Before This Newsletter entitled “Why We have Moms”, I had written one about “Why We have Children” so, If You Will, The “Why We Have Moms” was sort of an Extension, A Sequel to The “Why We have Children” Newsletter. (Refer to Newsletter 273; November 2011). Anyway, I hope You know You PTLS Member Moms are Brilliant (I Love that Word!) Moms and My Mom is By Far, The Most Brilliant! Enjoy!

So, As You all know, Sunday was Mother’s Day here in The United States, I say that because Mother’s Day is on a different day in other parts of The World. But, Anyway, Mother’s Day is a very important holiday to Me because of one thing that I am ever grateful for, My Mom, as well as Moms in general. Moms are Awesome! But, Why do we have Moms? Now, I’m sure you are reading this, thinking, “Why do We Have Moms?! What kind of Crazy Question is that?!” and others would wonder and ponder about it. So, I’m going to answer that question, “Why Do We Have Moms?”. Well, Truth is, there are a lot of reason why, but here are MY Reasons Why.
  1. They birthed us; through hard labor, sometimes, Hours of it. In My Mom’s Case, A C-section that she felt the whole time (the anesthesia didn’t work!)  
  2. They are our Secondary Quilt, Beanie Baby, or Blankie when we are Babies (Because We like to Snuggle)
  3. They are “Best Friends” when we don’t have any Real Friends and They always will be, whether you like it or not.
  4. In The 90’s (And, Probably still now) They are Our Seat Belts when someone slams on their brakes. Even though We already have our Seat Belt on.
  5. They are our Protecter, Guard, and Guard-Rail Fence against Evil, Mean, or Hurtful Forces.
  6. (If You Let Her Do This One, You are Lucky) They are Your Matchmaker. As in, walking up to the Prettiest Girl around and saying, “Hey, Check Out My Son, He’s a REALLY Good Catch!” and You always say, “Moooom!”. But, You never know if that girl might be the Girl of Your Dreams!
  7. If You have a Bully or Hateful/Hurtful Person in Your Life, “Momma Bear” will come out and it will NOT be Pretty!
  8. In My Case, If You have Special Needs, Your Mom will go to all lengths to get you what you need, help you in anyway possible, and be there for you when you need her. Even going through many teary-eyed and bull-headed IEP Meetings!
  9. They know what is best for You, Way before You Do.
10.          and, Finally and Most Importantly, They are Your Mother and Whether You Like it or Not, They will be the only person besides Your Soulmate that will be by your side Forever!
So, Those are My Reason as to “Why We Have Moms” and I wanted to add another reason of that, In My Case, they are your Road Buddy or Your Chauffeur when you want to go somewhere. By The Way, That is a Condition that Can not be taken advantaged of. 
All in All, My Mom and I have always had this system where I ask her, “Mom, Why do you do this?” and she answers, “It is in The Book of Moms!”.




Thanks fore Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish Your Mom, She is Your Best Friend!

No comments: