May 11, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: The Language of Music



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
May 11, 2016-TCS # 496

Hello, My Readers! So, I figured that I would show you just how Smart I am and Show You a bit more about How My Brain works. So, You Know already about Language like English, Spanish, Italian, French, Swedish...You get The Idea. But, Then I challenged You and Taught You about Love Languages (Refer to “The 5 Love Languages” Newsletter) But, There is another Language and One that We can all agree with, well..Sort of. I am sure You are thinking, “What?! ANOTHER Language to Learn?!”. Oh, but You will enjoy This One. I call it, The Language of Music. Yes, Music. It flows through us, It says a lot about us, and, not that It matters too much, but It also shows both Your Generation and How Old (Clearing Throat) Young You are. When I thought of What to Write about This Week, I had My Own Idea of What to write about, but I guess it should be another Newsletter from Another Time. But, However, The First Thing I thought when writing a Newsletter about The Language of Music, I thought of My Mom’s Dad, Popi. Other than His Legendary Postal Stamp Collection; He loved Music, He pretty much lived Music, and In Fact, He did that in College, He studied Music. Truth be told here, Music is actually a Very Fascinating Subject because after all, It says a lot about Us. It makes you want to Dance, Tap your Toes, Cry, Think, Contemplate Life and Love, and Stir All sorts of Memories. You can listen to it on an Elevator, while Driving, while Shopping, while Eating, while Exercising, or while Sitting on The Beach. As For Me, I have Various Music Languages, I like to think that My Top Music Languages would be Country, Pop, and 80s/90s Music (which was basically Rock). This One will surprise, but There are some  of Instrumental/Classical Music I like, For Example, “Chariots of First”, “The Entertainer”, “Blue Danube”, and “Ode to Joy”. So, as You can see I have Different Musical Tastes. The Best Part of Music, at least for Me, are The Certain Ways that A Song sounds, The Way The Song Begins, or How They do The Middle Part of The Song. “Tattoo” by Jordan Sparks; “Like A Prayer” by Madonna; and, “Hole In The World” by The Eagles, Those Songs I like because of The Middle of the Song. In Music Terms, They call The Crescendo. Another Thing I Love about Music is that sometimes, Songs have Great Messages to Them. For Example, “MMMBop” by Hanson (I explained that one, Reference “The Meaning of MMMBop”); One that I think that will Solve a lot of Problems in The World, “Where is The Love?” by The Black Eyed Peas; and, If You need a Mood Booster, There is always “Tubthumping” by Chumabawumba. Yes, That is an actual Band Name. Now, If You are Angry about Something, In The Rare Occasion that it happens, I either use “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi or “We’re not gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister. Now, I do have to say though that Music can be a little Challenging because Sometimes, I can remember The Lyrics or The Song Title but, I can’t remember The Artist. and, Sometimes, One Song sounds like another like “Dear Future Husband” by Meghan Trainer and “Runaround Sue” from The 50’s. That brings me to Another Thing, is that sometimes Certain Songs or Certain Artists Names and Sounds, sound too much alike. That is Where Artists tend to get in Trouble because of that and It makes me wonder, There is not Much Originality anymore in terms of Sounds and Names. I often Wonder how hard it is Today to come up with a Band Name and Sound for that Band. Now, I will end with This, There are Brilliant Songs that could put you in a Mood as if You are on Vacation, like “Toes” by Zac Brown Band; “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys;  or The Famous “It’s 5 o’Clock Somewhere” by Alan Jackson. Happy Virtual Vacationing! All in all, There is Great Music out there and in Various Genres that will help You in whatever Music Language You speak.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Let The Music move Your Soul

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks Christian for being so forthcoming
I'm the proud Grand Ma of Max N who shares your condition
Hes made remarkable progress thru his lifetime
Sounds like you could be a mate

Unknown said...

Hi, Lois Bessen. What a very nice comment. You are one very lucky Grand Ma! You can reach the PTLS Foundation for more about Christian and others like him and Max.- info@ptlsfoundation.org