November 19, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: My Kidney Stone Story



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
November 19, 2014-TCS # 425

Hello, My Readers! I can not tell you how much I missed You! I am sorry for My Unusual Absence Last Week but, I am going to Explain about It. So, for Veteran Readers, Do You remember when My Mom had Kidney Stones a couple years ago? Yes, Believe It or Not, I had them too. Yes, that is right; I, Christian Smith-Centeno, 27 Years Old had Kidney Stones! So, Let’s start from The Beginning, so Last Monday, I woke up and started having Pains on My Upper Left Side, It got to be so unbearable that I could not lay on either side, Sit Up, and Do anything without My Left Side Hurting. I thought, “Oh Man, Do I have Kidney Stones?!” because I remember that when My Mom had Kidney Stones, it helped her when I rubbed her on The Lower Back. I looked over to the Phone on My Nightstand and I thought, “It might be Time to call Mom.” Well, I had an Urge to Throw Up and I got up and Got Sick. Afterwards, I thought, “Okay, NOW It’s Time to call Mom” Now, usually  I am Very Healthy and so is The Rest of Smith Family, so It is Very Rare that I get Sick but, when I do get sick, It hits me hard. The Blessing-Curse Price of Being Healthy, I guess. Anyway, My Mom got home and checked me out (My Head temp., Body temp., Rubbed My Back and Belly, because The Pain had moved to My Belly on The Front Side) As My Mom checked me, She told me that She felt a “Hard-as-a-Rock” thing in My Intestines; Constipation, My Mom thought. So, She made me some Chamomile Tea to “Get Things Moving” in My Intestines. I thought to Myself, “I have been Constipated many times and It was never this bad!” I mean, I literally could not keep anything down except The Tea that My Mom was making me. By The Way, The Reason if it was Constipation would be because we PTLSers have an Extra-Long Intestine. After we tried every Method My Mom could think of, It started moving just VERY Slowly. We did try Everything, “Poop Tea” as My Mom calls it (which is that Chamomile Tea, I mentioned before), tried Milk of Magnesia and I threw that up a Second Later, A Heating Pad, A Massage (which really helped) and A Few other things. Thank God, My Mom is a Nurse! And, Understood My Big Fear of going to The Hospital. Things calmed down and I felt like My Intestines were Moving and I fell asleep and Slept until The Next Day. Anyway, Tuesday was Okay, I was able to Eat and Keep things down. My Mom told me that If It “Flares up” again, We would have to go to The Hospital. So, My Mom made me two cups of Chamomile Tea this time with Lemon. Now, I do have to say that I really liked that It had Lemon in it, it made it more willing for me to Drink It. I felt girgglely all day Tuesday and that I assumed was Progress. Well, I woke up on Wednesday Morning (Newsletter Day) and Progress Failed! I had Intense Pain when I got up, We just agreed that It was Time to make “The Call”. So, off to The ER, we went. “I’m Sorry it has to come to This” We told each other, I told her that because normally I would not have gotten to The Level of Being so Sick that I Have to go The Hospital. But, as My Mom said, “It was Time that we need Answers.” But, She had to Keep me calm as She drove me to The Hospital because My Anxiety was going up, and I felt like I was going to get sick because of My Nerves. We walked in and Thank God, there were only a Few People there. We sat for only like 5 Minutes before My Name was called, Again Thank God! “Please Don’t have them give me an IV!” I thought, The Whole Time. So, I went into The Room and got into My Hospital Gown. The Nurses tried to get an IV in Me 3 Times before They finally it. They had to Call in The Special IV Team (“The Big Guns” as My Mom referred to them as), I had a CAT Scan Done, and They gave 4 Different Medicines in My IV. I tried to distract myself by watching The News, I started to grow impatient because I wanted to Go Home, and I started getting Sleepy and I was Out like a Light. Later, The Doctor came in and told us that I had passed a 4 Millimeter Kidney Stone while I was in The ER. I thought, “Did He just say that I passed a Kidney Stone?!”. They did say, however, that There were No More Kidney Stones left in My Body and The Report said that I also was Constipated. After 5 Hours in The ER, They finally sent us Home. Once I was Home, I checked up on The Days Facebook Posts, I took a Nap (which I out like a Light, again) and then, Went to Bed Early. The Days Following The Kidney Stone were Very hard, I did not know what My Limits were in How Much I could Eat or The Dull Pain that was left from The Kidney Stone’s Damage. It did not help that I was afraid that They would come back and I would have to repeat the Same Thing over again. As I write this, I am feeling better, Now With Fewer Episodes of Pain in My Left Side. All in all, It was a Crazy Experience, One Experience that I would never want to have again. I will tell you that a Heat Pad on The Spot and Chamomile Tea does work in helping with Kidney Stones. 




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I am not into Drugs, but I guess You can say I got “Stoned”.

No comments: