October 15, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Supporting Family

From Left to Right: My Dad, Michael (My Brother), Myself, My Mom, and Uncle Craig!


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
October 15, 2014-TCS # 421

So, A Couple Weeks Ago, We had an Exciting and Very Proud Moment happen in Our Family. You See, I’m not sure if I have told You this, but My Brother, Michael is an Artist. A Very Good Artist, In Fact. He has been doing Art Work for a Long Time and Over Time, He has gotten better and better at it. Now, Because I have “Family-Little Brother Bias”, I would recommend seeing His Art. You may or may not think differently, but As We say, Art is Subject to One’s Own Interpretation. Anyway, My Brother had His Own Art Show, 2 Weeks Ago. He got to take over an Exhibit Hall at His School. What Made This Show such a Proud Moment for Me was that, It was His First One and Family came as well. We already knew before hand that My Dad was going to Come to it because Michael invited him but, There are was a Surprise Visitor who came to see Michael’s Show, Uncle Craig! It just so happened that Uncle Craig was going to be in Town to do the Finishing Touches of His “Year-In-Dallas” Project and My Mom asked him in True Mom Fashion. “Sooo, (Said Slowly) While Your Here, Michael has an Art Show on Thursday Evening, How about You make an Appearance?” and That is What He did. Wednesday Night, The Night before, We went to Dinner with Him and Explained that Michael didn’t know that He was coming. That and My Dad didn’t know that He was coming either so, in a Way it was a Surprise for Both of Them. So, Thursday came and We went up to Denton to go see His Art Show.  My Mom and I drove through Strong Winds, Heavy Rain, and Hail (Pea Sized Hail) to get there. We even had take cover at a Sonic on The Way there, but We made It! Michael was really surprised when He saw Uncle Craig and My Dad was Really Surprised because My Dad had not seen Uncle Craig in Many Years. So, We all got to Hang Out and Look at My Brother’s Art. Now, I do have to Say, This Time My Brother’s Art wasn’t Michael’s Usual Art But, I did find a few pieces that I liked. Don’t Get Me Wrong, I think He did a Great Job but, I believe that Michael did not put his Michael into It. Maybe It was because He was being Distracted by Someone (a Girl) who takes His Time and Does not Support His Art. Michael, I think, wanted to give Wood Art a try, aside from The Painting Art that He normally does. For Example, For One that He affectionately named “Tim Burr has a Furry Back”, It was a  Big Piece of Wood with Fur on The Back pulled away from The Wall. “It beats The Norm”, Michael says, “It is a Painting that wants to Break Away from ‘The Norm’ of Painting Art”, “A Painting that wants to be Big Foot!” I pointed out. It is like a Painting begs to The Artist, saying “I want to be Big Foot!” and The Artist says, “No, You can not be Big Foot, You are a Painting!”, the Painting says, “Fine! I’m Breaking Out!”. And, then Finally, One with The Name, “Pay per Wood.” I thought, In My Head, it meant Pay-per-Wood like Pay-per-View. Michael claimed it meant “Pay-per Wood.” Art is Subject to One’s Own Interpretation, as I always tell My Mom and Brother. After Michael’s Show, We went over to a Pub on The Square in Denton and We got to Hang Out with Michael’s Friends from School, My Mom, My Dad, and Uncle Craig. It was Awesome! We had lots to Talk about and Yes, We did talk about The Movie, Catfish. I feel the Need to let People know about it. But, I had the Most Fun having Quality Time with Family around. I Believe it is Very Important to have Family around, To Rely on Them, to do Stuff Together, and Spend Lots of Quality Time with Them. Once I live Closer to Them, I would love to Hang out Every Weekend with Them because It is that Important to Me. Now, No, I don’t call My Grandma Honey as often as I should but, I need to start because God and Family come First in Your Life. All in all, I am Very Proud of Michael for doing His Art Show and I hope He does Another Good One Soon.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Support Your Family because They should mean The World to You.

No comments: