April 17, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Texas Round-Up


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
April 17, 2013-TCS # 347

So, Before I begin telling you about an exciting event that happened this weekend, I want to mention something to All PTLS Members. As Everyone knows that I Love Meeting New PTLS Family Members, wether they are near by or far. I want you to know that, Every one of You PTLS Family Members are very important to Me as well as Having PTLS, it is an honor. One of the parts I love the most is that, I feel included in a group of People (in some people’s viewpoint, “Strangers”) that I consider My Family. I Love hearing all the different stories of You and Your Children, as well all the many adventures you have had or going to have in the near future. So, with all that said, I’m going to tell you about this weekend. So, a couple months ago, There was a request from a Mom who wanted to meet another Texas PTLS Families So, My Mom came up with an idea to have a more Intimate Gathering with PTLS Family Members that are close by, as in within The State of Texas. My Mom spent the next couple weeks before, trying to figure out where to have it. I’ll say that I am thankful that we picked the place we did. We had many ideas, A Park, A Play place (like a Chuck’e Cheeses, a Bouncy Castle Place, or maybe A Trampoline Place). However, We settled on a Park. Problem Was, WHAT Park? My Mom came upon a Park at White Rock Lake, which is in the Northeast Side of Dallas. Considering that My Mom hadn’t been down to White Rock Lake in many years and I have never been down there, we had to check it out to make sure it is okay. Because, I for one, wasn’t sure it was a good area or not (it turned out to be a great area). It was more on the Older and Prominent Side of Dallas. So, We decided “We’re having it Here!”. I have to say though, it was a beautiful park, on a hill overlooking White Rock Lake, it had a Playground for The Kids and A hill so people could run down to the lake or Just Run Around. It’s name was T&P Park on the “Bottom West” Side of the Lake, across the lake for the Dallas Arboretum. A Note though, Because I didn’t know the area well enough, I just called the South end of the Lake where the Dam was and The Park was, “Bottom” and North End of The Lake, “Top”. Anyway, so This Saturday Morning came and we got down there at just the right time. It was a Beautiful Day, so we knew it was going to be crowded and We got ourselves the Tables needed for The “Picnic PTLS-Dallas Gathering” and We waited for everyone to show up. After a couple mishaps about how to actually get to the park, Everything was in Order. I do want to mention that This Gathering was more based on the Sharing System; I bring stuff, You bring stuff. We were amazed at the things that people brought with them and it was Great! One PTLS Family Member brought a Grill so we could make Hot Dogs. We, of course brought a large cake and fruit. PTLS Member, Mary brought this really cool Pasta Salad that was really good. PTLS Member, Chris brought some yummy queso that I nibbled on a lot and All the other Families brought everything else that we would ever need. I brought My Video Camera so that I could Video Tape a little bit of the gathering. It was really fun though to see all the PTLS Family Members, ones that we have either not seen in a while or have never met. The farthest one that came was from Houston (which is 5 Hours Away). As for the nearby Family Members, I told them, “It’s funny how You are Family and live nearby, but we never really see each other”. We spent nearly all day out there at the park hanging out with Our PTLS Family (“Our PTLS Peeps”, as My Mom sometimes says). After we had enough of being at the park, A few of us decided to go over the Hotel where some of them were staying at and had a Pizza by The Pool. And, No. This time, There were No Polar Plunges from Me. There was another Child though, but none from Me. So, We had so much fun that we plan to make this a regular event, If you want to be a Texan for the day, Come on Down! All in all, The Weather was Beautiful, The Perfect Spot in The Amazing Park, and Happy People, What more could You ask for?




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Take your Family and Go to the Park.





No comments: