September 19, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Fun Through My Eyes


The Christianville Spirit 
The Spirit that Opens Your Heart
September 19, 2012-TCS # 317

So, Last Saturday, My Mom, My Brother, and I went to a soapbox derby, it was really awesome. We had heard about it for several weeks called Red Bull Soapbox Derby. I had never been to one before but, I had heard of them because they have one in Austin where they drive the soapbox car into the lake there. Anyway, so I thought, “That would be really cool to see.” I told My Brother and My Mom about it and they said, “Let’s Go!” Anyway, I was looking forward to it but, I forgot one little-but-big thing, My Issue with Costumes. Now, I’ve had an issue with Costumes since I was young. I never really liked Costumes or Halloween. Now, My only favorite part was the Candy and one year, dressing like a Doctor. But, other than that, I haven’t enjoyed it, I just went along with it like everyone else. You See, I don’t like costumes for several reasons, one is The Masks, I’d rather talk to a person’s face rather than a scary mask with the person’s voice muffed in it. Many of them, I don’t like the appearance of like how they do the eyes on it, it grosses me out. Secondly, I REALLY hate those costumes that are large and blown up. By The Way, I didn’t know about the blow up costumes until I one day, a guy in one of those came up to me while I was working at the Frisco Roughriders Baseball Stadium. I mean, you probably could figure out that if something larger than you comes up to you, it’s going to be scary. Anyway, without trailing too far, I’m going back to the Soapbox Race. So, we decided to walk by all the soapbox cars, which I thought would be funny and it was, but, I forgot the dang costume thing, once I realized that, I did what I normally do. I make what My Mom calls, “The I’m going to be sick or something’s bothering me face.” And yes, I felt it too. So, I tried looking further ahead to see different cars without people too dressed up or I’d look at the people walking by. Now, the point of going to the race, to me, was seeing the race. Although, it did help in a way to see the cars because you knew which you were going to see first and which you were going to see last or if you didn’t stay around, you would miss. Now, I do have to give some compliments  because Red Bull paid a lot of money to put all this together and it was the first one in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. But, My Highlight was that, which I didn’t know, Lolo Jones was there. By The Way, If you’re wondering who Lolo Jones is, she is an Olympic Hurdle Champion and she has been through a lot to get where she is. What amazed me was that she was there because she had been in Washington to see the president the day before. The Race was alot of fun to watch especially when you could look one way and see the cars coming down the track, and look the way and see the details of the race on the big TV screens setup. It was funny to watch them perform then, get in their car and drive down the hill without falling apart or crashing, which many did. The cars had to go over 2 jumps, around one obstacle, and over the “Widow Maker” without falling apart. It was great fun! First, I do want to remind parents with Halloween coming, though it may be fun, you child may have a fear they can’t explain and since you can’t see through their eyes to see what their world looks like, keep it in mind that it might be a bit scary to them like it is to me. All in all, People with PTLS love to have fun and go to these events, but remember they see them differently.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Life is fun, but think about who’s eyes it’s being seen through.   

No comments: