June 13, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My View, My Brother


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
June 3, 2012-TCS # 304
So, I know quite a few PTLS Family Members wonder how both, the PTLS Child and their Brother or Sister views them. Well, I think it’s overdue that I tell you how I view My Brother and write about My Brother. My Brother, Michael, my only brother I have in My Family, is really awesome. For those who are wondering, Yes, he is my blood brother. Anyway, My Brother is awesome because he takes care of me and understands me. He is 23 Years old and goes to University of North Texas, he is an artist, a good one at that, and he is going to get his bachelors degree in Art. Michael is a really goofy guy once you get to know him and there are sometimes we wish we had hidden cameras in our house because he’s that goofy and he makes us all laugh. He puts that saying, “Dance like no ones watching” to a new meaning. He is a good judge of character when it comes to meeting new people and he has interesting views when it comes to the news, politics, and life. One of the things I love about him is that he was and still is caring and loving enough to introduce me to some of his friends. After they get to know me and who I am, they treat me like I’m part of the pack and wherever they go, I go with them. It was like that a lot in High School, he was my driver in a way because he drove me to and from school during the school year, unless he had to go to school early, then, My Mom would take me. In Elementary School, We and the Herricks would walk to school sometimes, most of the time we would drive. It wasn’t that far from the house, only a couple blocks. Michael’s Art is one thing that I’m very proud of him for because it really makes you think and wonder. Sometimes, My Mom will interpret it one way and I’ll say, “Art is subject to ones own interpretation.” Also, this past semester in College, My Brother got straight A’s, a 4.0 Grade Average, and He’s gotten on the Dean’s List twice. The classes that he was taking that semester were very tough classes, to the point where he had to do a project every week or every other day; so, I was very proud of him when I heard that. My Brother has always treated me with the greatest of care, protection, and treats me like every other kid, he doesn’t make a big deal about being a brother to someone with Special Needs. He will one day be My Guardian and I know that he will do a good job at it. Also, I know that whatever I do, he’ll help and love me. All in all, My Brother, Michael is an awesome brother that I have.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I hope you have Family that will there for you, no matter what.  

No comments: