June 27, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My PTLS Peers


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
July 27, 2012-TCS # 306
So, over the past couple months, I’ve been talking to a PTLS Family Member that actually has PTLS herself. Since the beginning of the PTLS Family, I’ve been to talk with 2 other PTLS Members that have PTLS since I’ve gotten diagnosed when I was 4 Years Old. one of them was a couple years older, I didn’t know how to handle it and most importantly, what to say. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ll be your friend no matter if you have Special Needs or not, but at first it was a little weird meeting someone that is just like you, in many ways. So, it took a couple times to warm up to this person and I’m still working on that, since we don’t get the chance to see each other that often and, the other person, didn’t wanted to talk about having PTLS. So then, My Mom decided to reach out to PTLS Family Members who had young adults and teens with PTLS and a PTLS Member’s mom said that her daughter wanted to talk to Me. So, after we passed the “this is weird” stage, we started to find that we have more things in common with the way we act and do things. Like We have found more behaviors in common than we can even count. For Example, we both find that PTLS Kids are often very stubborn, usually because (as I told her) that it’s because it’s something that we don’t want to do or don’t want to do it at that moment. We both in fact, get nervous about the weirdest things including Doctor’s Appointments of any kind; Our expressions and actions are different though. We both see the good in people, which is a good quality to have; but, it can get you in trouble if your around the wrong people. We both Imitate, which again can be a good or bad thing depending on who or what your imitating. By the way, Imitating can come from Friends, Family, Things we hear, or Things that we see on TV. We both have a lack of filter, so we say things that just flow out without any hesitation. We both are very sensitive and feel what others are feeling; Again it’s a good quality to have as longs as your around good and happy people, if not it can make you miserable. Here’s a shocker, We both put capitol letters in the wrong places. I’m sure there will be more as we compare notes, bottom line is that It’s really awesome to know that there are other people like me around my age and I love knowing that I’m not the only one that the way I am, it makes me feel like I belong. All in all, I want to thank these people who I’ve met and talked with and I look forward to meeting other teens and young adults.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. We all need to feel like we belong to a group or peers.

No comments: