April 13, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Celebrate Life

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

April 13, 2011- TCS # 245


So, This Week from Yesterday to The 17th is a celebrative and bittersweet time for Us in the Smith Family. You See, Over the past couple years, dear great family members of The Smith Family have passed away during this week. The strange thing though is that they died 2 days apart but, in different years. I know that our dear family members have passed because we have a Calendar that we’ve had for years that mentions everyone that we know’s Birthdays so, My Mom, Michael, and I don’t forget. Also, though we put the dates that our family members pass away so, that we can remember them too. To make it sound less sad on our calendar, We address the date as their “Homecoming”. Their “Homecoming” by the way means that on that day they went home to Heaven. Anyway, I’ll show you how strange it is of how our family members passed away 2 days apart in different years. First, Grandma Mimi who was as I referred to as “The Healthiest Person in The Smith Family” because she never got sick and she was quite a strong women. Though she passed on April 11, 2010. My Great Grandma Mimi who I refer to as “Grandma Mimi” lived through everything from The Depression to World War 2. After 2 days comes Uncle Doc’s Homecoming on April 14, 2007. Now, Uncle Doc was married to Aunt Ginny, Popi’s Sister and lived in San Antonio. So, Sometimes we would go visit Aunt Ginny and Uncle Doc before or after we visited My Dad. I think I remember that we even visited Uncle Doc before I had my Eye Surgery. He was a great Physician, Uncle, and Father. Finally, 2 Days later from that is Popi’s Homecoming on April 17, 2008. Popi was an awesome dad to My Mom in her early years and a great husband to Grandma Honey, as I mentioned last week. Popi was very funny and very smart. So, as you can see April isn’t the greatest month for all of us in The Smith Family but, we remember to celebrate their lives. About a year ago, We planted a Tree in our backyard that We named our “Life Tree” to Celebrate our life and others. All in all, Life should be Celebrated, Living and Dead.





Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish The Family Members you have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful reminder to celebrate the living AND the dead; death is NOT a bad thing, right? Thanks for your encouraging words! Andrea Rovillo @ CROSSMARK