October 6, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: The Travel Warning in Europe

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

October 6, 2010-TCS #219


So, The other day I was Watching TV when My Mom came home and told me something that really shocked me, There was a Travel Warning issued for all of Europe because of possible Terrorist Attacks. After I watched the News to confirm it, I was disappointed. The reason I was disappointed was that Europe to me is one of the most fascinating and one of the safest parts of the world. Not only that but, I can’t think of why the terrorists would want to attack Europe and Europe isn’t necessarily in the “Western World”. You See, Lately I have gotten interested in reading about individual nations through The State Department’s section on Travel. Every Year or so, The US State Department updates the information about different countries. You can learn a lot of interesting things about each country, like Their Laws, Crime Issues, What Americans should do if their a Victim of one, Where the US Embassy and Consulates are, Road Conditions, and of course the typical things Americans should or shouldn’t do when in another country like dress like the locals, don’t look like a tourist, act like you know where your going even if you don’t, and let The State Department know where your going so, they can inform you of any warnings or issues in that country, which is optional. Now, if you were to ask me about any of those things, I would recommend all of them and The Most Important Thing, Know where the US Embassy/Consulate is in that country just in case you into Trouble. Now, I know a lot of you wondering about the difference between a Travel Warning and a Travel Alert. A Travel Alert is a temporary precaution of that country due to Natural Disasters, Terrorists, Political Issues, other issues. And, Travel Warning means to totally avoid that country. In the case of Europe, it’s only a Travel Alert even though the media say, “Travel Warning”. The point is it disappoints me that The Terrorists have to threaten the people of such a Great Region. All in all, You can learn interesting things about The World from The State Department and I hope that The Terrorist will stop threatening everyone.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish The Great Places of The World and The People that Live There.

No comments: