September 15, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: Special Needs Week

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

September 15, 2010-TCS # 216


So, Yesterday after My Mom came home from Work, she told me something that I didn’t know. As you all know, The Mothers get one day called Mother’s Day, The Father’s get one day of Father’s Day, and of course, there’s the rarely known Grandparents Day this month which is on September 23, I believe. Anyway, did you know that there is something called Special Education Week? Well, neither did I and I can’t believe it. That really makes me feel happy and it feels awesome to have a full week that’s about us people with Special Needs. My Mom found out about this Special Needs Week from a link that My Grandma Honey’s Friend posted onto Facebook which Grandma Honey responded to the link. So, that night I got onto Facebook and read about it, got excited, and thought that I would write about it. I feel that us people with Special Needs should be acknowledged whether it’s a week, a day, or all the time. Please Know that to have Special Needs is not a disease, it’s not contagious, and it’s not a disaster. It’s who we are, it’s the way God made us. So, celebrate all of our unique selves. So, all in all, our Special Needs defines what we have but, it doesn’t define who we are.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish the things that make you special.

No comments: