September 8, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: A Pre-Hot Air Balloon Adventure

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

September 8, 2010- TCS # 215


As I mentioned in last week’s newsletter about the Hot Air Balloon Class, I said that I was going to write more about it later. So, as promised, I’m going to tell you. So, My Mom had a student in her class that was on a Hot Air Balloon Crew and asked I would like to join. And, I said “yes”. So, she told My Mom that I would have take a Hot Air Balloon Safety Class, one class on Thursday and then, a trial run on Saturday Morning which both classes were canceled. So, My Mom and I went on with our lives, thinking I wasn’t going to get to do it. That is until a couple days ago. So, My Mom and I decided to go get Ice Cream for an evening snack on a normal day, while we were driving up the road, My Mom spotted 4 Hot Air Balloons in the distance but, we continued our quest to get Ice Cream, watching them as they flew. Anyway, around the time that we got to Braums(where we were getting Ice Cream) I thought about chasing the Hot Air Balloon to see where they landed. So, We decided to chase them even though it wasn’t even the balloon festival yet. We had chased them to a spot farther North that where I thought we would go. So, we watched them land and then watched as the crew pulled the balloon down, then My Mom asked “Do you want to go talk to them?”. I thought that probably not because they looked busy and they would wonder why I was talking to them. So, I decided to go to talk to them and asked if I could help and they said “sure”. After the Hard Work of wrapping the balloon up, a crew member from “The City of Plano Balloon” asked if we would be part of his crew because it was only him and his son. My Mom and I were so excited at that chance even though we didn’t go to the Safety School but, My Mom put it, “We already learned half of it!”. The awesome part about it is that since there are only 2 people on the crew, it gives me an a lot better chance of riding in the balloon. It is exciting because I’ve never ridden in one and it’ll give me a much better view of the roads and the people below, imagine the view of the city from up there. All in all, I can’t wait for the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival on the weekend of September 17.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. When You chase the passion or something that you are after, You just might get it in an unexpected way.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Good to meet you this morning... You did great this morning crewing! You are a fast learner and hard worker!