September 1, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: An International Skype Video Call

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

September 1, 2010- TCS # 214


So, Last Week I was watching TV at around 3:00PM and My Mom told me that she was talking with one of the PTLS Families which are from Sweden. You see, ever since I found out that there was a Family in Sweden, I’ve been really excited because I’ve been interested in the Scandinavia Region. So, When My Mom told me that he was online, I really wanted to talk to him. but, then I remembered the time difference between Dallas, Texas and Stockholm, Sweden so, I checked my time zone app on my ipod and found that it was almost midnight in Sweden. So, I thought, “I better get on Facebook quick if I want to talk to him” so, I rushed into my room to get my computer and got on Facebook. So, near the end of our conversation, I told him that we should talk earlier next time. So, to pick the time, I downloaded a World Time Zone App. to figure what time on My Time Zone which is Central Time Zone equal to theirs which Central European Time. By the way, the time difference is 8 Hours. Anyway, so I figured that if we talk to 1:00PM My Time it would equal 8:00 in the Evening his time. So, I thought since I had a Hot Air Balloon Class on Saturday Morning (More on that later) I would be around so, that I could talk to them around 1:00 our time. So, Saturday came and I was soo excited to get to talk to him, only this time on Skype. It was awesome to talk to someone on the other side of the world, or the person we were talking to named Stefan put it, 35,000 Kilometers away. Also, they have 2 options on Skype, you can either call them on the phone which costs you or you can Video Chat if you have a web cam. We however talked to him on Video Chat. It was really exciting for both My Mom and I to chat and we hope to do it more often. Something that really awesome was that after we got done chatting there was a Sweden flag in the corner by his name. All in All, talking to Stefan on Video on really awesome. Now, I’m ready to chat with more people with around the world.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. With a simple click of a mouse on Skype, You can connect with anyone around the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the video chat Christian! We tought it was really really cool aswell! =) We'll have to chat again soon!

// Stefan