September 30, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: Special Olympics is Fun


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
September 30, 2009-TCS # 167
So, a couple years ago My Best Friend Steven and I decided to do Special Olympics Bowling one year and it was really fun. We went all the way to the area tournament and I think I got 4th place and I got a ribbon, however I had forgotten I put it. Anyway, after years of not playing on the team, this past summer I decided to join the team again and it is fun. You would be amazed at how well we bowl. You see, just because we have special needs and bowl differently doesn’t mean we don’t bowl well. I mean, take me for instance I can bowl from a 96 to 135 and get many strikes. Some of my friends on my team bowl just as well. Even the parents are amazed and my brother, even though he’s seen me bowl before is really amazed. A dad of one of the kids on my team said, “A lot of people don’t see the potential that these kids have”, even though we’re young adults but I have to agree that he’s right, some of these guys are very good. We play every Sunday for 2 hours, the parents come to cheer, and we all have fun. Some of the families with kids of PTLS reading this might want to have them join a Special Olympic sport because they might have fun as well. All in all here, we all do pretty well and better than you would expect from someone with Special Needs.
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Don’t misjudge someone’s potential because you will be awed at what they can do.

No comments: