September 9, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: My Road Trip Preferences


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
September 9, 2009(9-9-09)-TCS # 164
If you remember that a couple months ago I wrote a newsletter about My Radio and TV Preferences. Well, I’m going to tell you something in the area of Preferences. This one, I’m calling My Road Trip Preferences. Now, remember I don’t HAVE to do these things I’m going to list but, I like to. Now, first off I have to sit in the front seat or on the right side of the car so, that I can see the front and back of the Road Signs on the side of the road which we’re on. Now, in case you’re wondering, the Radio preferences stay pretty much the same. The next one is when we cross into another county, I have to announce it. Like saying “Hey Mom, now we’re in Smith County” and of course, then comes the most fun preference of road trips, when we cross a State Line, I have to count it down from 10 Seconds and then, when I enter that state, I say “ Happy New State!” like we say “Happy New Year!” on New Year’s Eve. Now, once we’re in the new state, I immediately look at the front and back of the road signs to see what the style of the new states’ signs look like. Also, I like to listen to a radio station from that state. If we stop for the night, I feel like I have to watch the news in that city because I like to see the logo of the channel in that city. For example, I like that Atlanta’s WSB-TV, the ABC channel in Atlanta has a yellow number 2 with a blue background. And, at the end of the newscast it shows that and below it says in white with a red background “WSB-TV- Atlanta”. And, finally, if the state has a different color surrounding their traffic lights like Georgia’s is Black, and, Maine and New York’s are dark green then, I like to look at those also. All in all, those are my Road Trip Preferences. Now, who wants to go a trip with me?
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Life is a Highway. So, hop in your life car, take a couple exits, and explore the unique towns along the way!

No comments: