May 16, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Mother's Day Reflections

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
May 16th, 2018-TCS # 593

So, Mother’s Day, My Readers. I know, know, It already past but, I want to talk to You about Something. “Let’s Talk” as The Late Joan Rivers said. Boy, She had a Way with Words! So, Mother’s Day, I told you last week that It was My Favourite Holiday when I was a Child and It is My Sort-of Favourite Holiday Now. Well, This Year’s Mother’s Day was Very Different. Now, No It was not Bad per se. But, It was Most Definitely one of those Mother’s Days that Every One has that “Holy Crap-Schnikies What If” kind of Reflecting kind of Mother’s Day. Now, Yes, My Mom and I had Good Mother’s Day, could have been better with My Brother in Town, but, What can You do. We watched the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday (It is basically like Europe’s American Idol only with Groups per Country) and We topped it with Dessert for Dinner (Who would not want that every once and while!). On Mother’s Day Proper, We just hung out and Watched a few Movies. I always thought of Mother’s Day as The Day to Spoil Your Mom, The Day to Make Breakfast (My Brother does The Best Breakfast) along with “MOMosas” as My Brother would call them. Being 2018, This Year has come not as Easy as I had hoped  and At The Same Time, Teaching Us Lessons that We needed to learn or even think about. Now, as a Kid, When You want Your Mommy and Yes, Even Grandma, You just shout, “I Want My Mooommmyy” and She’ll come. Get Your Grandma’s Attention, You would either pound on the Table and Say, “Grandma! Mommmy is giving Me that Yucky Stuff (Vegetables) again!” or Do The Same Thing on The Phone and Your Grandma will take you to Her House and Give You Heaps of Junk Food and Tons of Stuff You do not need. As an Adult, However, It is Harder to even admit that There are Times when You need Your Mother (ahem..Clearing Throat) Mommy. Now, At The Realization of The Emergency that happened with Grandma Honey, which By The Way, I should mention that She’s actually doing really well since The Ordeal, She is Walking more than She pretty much ever has, Mind is Clear, You would swear She was in her 60’s Healthy. Anyway, This Mother’s Day has really made me reflect (and, Spoil My Mom as much as I can) about What would I do, should anything happen to either Grandma Honey or  Even Worse, My Mom. Now, My Mom and Grandma Honey, Lord knows, I Love Them, but, I see them as Two Separate Regions, Two Separate Membranes, Two Separate Thought Bubbles. One over Here and One over There. They both are Moms in Some Way but, Still. Grandmas and Moms are Needed in different ways, whether They realize it or not. Grandmas are needed to Spoil You, Take You for a Treat that May or May Not be Good for You, Take You to Your Favourite Place. Moms on The Other Hand, are There on a Daily Basis, They know You Inside and Out.  So, What happens if You Lose one or both of them? How would I react? Would I be able to function afterwords? I always told both Grandma Honey and My Mom that I would be devastated if I lost them, Most Importantly My Mom. Now, although, My Mom and I already have a System in Place for Should Something Happen to Her, I have Guardianship, so The Next Person to take care of Me, Outside of My Mom, would be My Brother. Now, The Reflection of Mother’s Day that I had made me think that The Membranes of Grandma Honey and My Mom are Separate but, This Reflection has forced me to think about it as One Full Membrane instead of Two. This May sound a bit Morbid but, People lose Loved Ones Every Day, It does not it is a Holiday, A Birthday, or Whatever. It is rather Heartbreaking to think about Losing Someone in Your Life but, that is Life. All in all, It makes me realize how much I truly need My Mom in One Way or another. Even though, I have been working hard on My Independence and My Mom has always been focused on Helping Me be Independent even when I was Little. I still will need her around Every Once and While like My 2 AM Lessons.

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Love Your Mom and Grandma with All You Got!


No comments: