January 24, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Stress and No Routine Rerun



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
 January 24th, 2018-TCS # 580

Bonjour, My Readers! Boy, Have I had a bit 0f a Rough Week! I saw a Post on Facebook from My Friend, Jennifer-Samantha that said “What have You accomplished that was Hard for You. Let’s Celebrate!” I thought to Myself, as If I was speaking to “Jennifer-Samantha” (aka Jennifer Blalock) herself. Oh Jennifer, as My Brother would say, “You don’t even knooow”. In Short, We are at The Tail End of Dealing with a Leak underneath Our House. It actually has been going on for a Week now, The Hot Water caused a Leak underneath The Slab of The House. I thank God that It is a Winter because a Warm Floor and Warm outside would not help. It is Nice and Cold outside, so You would know that It is Warm under The Ground. If It sounds like I am a little stressed from Everything, Oh Yes! Anyway, Between Plumbers checking The Temperature around The Floors (which I have to Admit, that was kind of Cool); Trying to help My Mom in any way I can; Followed by Plumbers cutting Holes in The Wall (9 in total, from Small Holes, only a Few Inches to Much Bigger Holes); A Not-so-Smart Plumber’s Assistant falling through The Attic; and, Of Course, on top of that, My Mom has to Work as well, It does not help at all. Again, I thank God that My Mom gets off early and She does not work in Downtown Dallas or elsewhere with a Far Drive. Oh, It is Cray-Cray, 
“Jennifer-Samantha” but, We are Working through It. In Case You have not figured it out, Too Many Changes, Too Much Activity, and Being Out of My Routine causes me to be a Little Stressed and Out-Of Sorts. I actually wrote a Newsletter Three Different Times when I was completely Out-of-Sorts. Refer to “Adventures in Flooring” Newsletter; “Knowing Your Limits” Newsletter; and, Of Course, “Stress and No Routine” Newsletter, which is the One that I am going to rerun. You Know, when I think of This Newsletter In The Times that I miss My Brother the Most, I picture him along The Route to Denver in My Head, “He’s been Away for X-Amount of Hours”. When He is in Oklahoma City, I think “3 Hours from Home”, and I countdown to The Second that My Brother turned onto The Highway and Started off to Denver, thinking “He’s only been Gone for a Second!” and I remember My Mother’s Words pretty hauntingly, She said in a Very Low and Somber Voice, “Byyee Michael!”. It is one of The things that You remember for a Long Time, as Sad as It was. I thought Nothing of It at The Time until I really started Missing My Brother, recounting My Trip to Stockholm and London, and then, Following My Brother backwards from Colorado or Kansas back to His Old House in Denton. Anyway, I wrote This Newsletter a Few Days after My Brother moved to Denver. Enjoy! 

This Newsletter was written on August 5th of 2015 (Refer to Newsletter 460)

Hello, My Readers! Boy, I tell you, This past Weekend was Very Tough with My Brother moving to Spread His Wings. Update though, He is doing Okay, working on the Job front, and settling into His New (but, Kinda Small) House. So, On to This Week’s Newsletter! So, I have mentioned quite a Few Times about PTLSers need for Routine. It is Very Important that They have a Routine, Predictability, and Most of All, Rules. So, Here is a Question that I am sure All PTLS Members are curious about that I have not answered. So, What Happens if They are NOT in a Routine or Can They Easily swing out of Routine Temporarily. That is Actually a Good Question. So, It is Preferable that They do have a Routine. But, If They do not, then They can get a bit Overwhelmed, They can’t concentrate as well (like I did, If I did not have it), Increase in Stimming (like Rocking Back and Forth or Pacing), They can have Meltdowns (for being Overstimulated and Overwhelmed), They get Anxious about it, and They end up Very Tired. So, To Calm Your Mind, Yes, They do have a bit of wiggle-room with Their Routine, as long as it is returned soon. Myself, for example, I have been able to Adjust My Routine to Where I am. When I was Younger, I would pace a lot, so much so that There was a Trail I created in My Backyard. My Mom found that if I was Off of My Routine, like when I would come home from My Dad’s House, I would Pace More with Intensity and I would have Trouble Concentrating in School, The Teachers usually knew when I would come Home. and, Usually it took about a Week for Me to recover and get back into My Routine. Now that I am older though, My Mom can tell when I am out of My Routine. I was not in My Routine when We went to The Beach or when We went to The PTLS Conference. I guess, it depends what Type of Recovery from Lack of Routine are We talking about. Lack of Routine at, let’s say The Beach, was a bit Easy, I just had to take Longer Naps. With The PTLS Conference, I had to Calm Myself down (Conferences, although I have been to 3 of Them, does get Overwhelming!), Take Naps, and Get back into Routine. I know that This Weekend was Tough to recover from because of Helping My Brother moving, in The Texas Summer Heat mind You, and Add on The Inside Emotions (“The Feelies!”) of all of it happening. Proud, Happy, Sad, a Bit Angry (His Destiny does not match mine and His Ex-Girlfriend), The Whole Bit. This is a Shocker, but on Sunday I got up at 7 AM, to finish helping him and seeing him off. I am still a bit tired from all that. I remember when I got home from The Cruise I went on once, Disney World, or Great Wolf Lodge, I was a Mess! It was because of being Out of Routine and Being Overwhelmed at the same time. I mean, those Places are Fun, Don’t Get Me Wrong, but They are also Full of Activity and Very Overwhelming. Not Places I would recommend for us PTLSers. Now, If You tell me what is going to happen during The Day, I can start planning, and I won’t be so Anxious. All in all, We PTLSers would prefer things to be more Calm and Organized. I know that Doctors wanted to put me on Medication but, It makes My Head feel like it is Buzzing. and, that makes me even more Anxious.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit.  Understand Us, Don’t Medicate Us!

No comments: