April 13, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: Walter Mitty and Travel


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
April 13, 2016-TCS # 492

Hej Hej, My Readers! “Hej, Hej” (Pronounced Hey-Hey) is How You say Hello in Swedish. I always like to try different greetings every now and then. Anyway, so My Mom and I were watching TV last night, not sure what to watch. On Tuesday Nights, usually there is not much on except for New Girl and My New Favorite Show, Fixer Upper on HGTV. Then, I found I had a Choice between Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations (going to Puerto Rico and Houston) or A Movie that I have not seen in a while but, is a Hilarious one called The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I’m not sure that I have written about it and, I thought that I have, but It is a Really Great Movie! It is a Movie that You really have to pay attention to, because The Art Department of This Movie, cleverly puts Words and Different Meanings in The Background, it really is Amazing. Basically, Without Spoiling It, It is about a Guy who works at Life Magazine, but The Only Problem is that although He and His Co-Workers follow the Motto of Their Company, He has not gotten to Experience True Life, other than Helping put the Pictures in The Magazine. So, To Say The Least, He gets Challenged to Experience True Life. You Know, The Sad Thing that a lot of People, at least here in The United States, don’t get to Experience Life and More on The Lines of Seeing The World. Usually, We are stuck behind a Desk, Working all day and For a Not-So-Great Wage and then, Going Home and Then, Pay all the Bills and not have enough Money in The End to “Experience Life”. Of Course, Sometimes, it is for Other Reasons too, like Fear of The Unknown, which is a Problem for Me when I need My Routine but, I digress. Most of Us will however admit that like Walter Mitty, We hate Standing Still but, Not Enough to do something about it. After a While of Standing Still, We tend to Daydream about Things, People, or Places. In My Case, it is both People and Places. Now, Okay, as much as I want to Travel The World, I also like to Stay Home, It is comfortable and predictable. But, I can Dream, can’t I? There are Many Places that I would love to go in The World that I, like Walter Mitty, dream about and research about. Most of What I presently Dream about is Europe. Europe is a Part of The World, as mentioned in Last Week’s Newsletter is a Fascinating Part of The World to Me. It seems like Every Time I read about Someone who has Moved to either Sweden and Switzerland, and Have better Lives in terms of Adventure, Pay, and Not-A-Lot of Stuff (like We Americans love), It makes me want to move to Those Places and Spend maybe 2 Years living there, then Travel Europe and Have a Home Base to go to after. I mean, You know what They say, “Do It while You are Young” and “Spend Money on Experiences rather than Things, Then You make up for It later.” Then, You could experience what Life is like in other Parts of The World. Now, as You can Tell, Even though it was a Year ago in September that I went to Sweden, I often dream about Stockholm, Sweden, There are Many other Places that I dream about too, I would Love to See. Including The Following..
In Europe:
  • Norway; Oslo and The Fjords
  • Paris; The Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and Rue Cler
  • Roma (Rome in Italian); The Trevi Fountain, St. Peter’s Square, Spanish Steps, The Mouth of Truth, and Lots of Italian Food
  • The Alps Mountains of Switzerland and Switzerland in General
  • The Netherlands; Amsterdam & Holland
  • Austria
  • Gibraltar 
  • Other Schengen Countries

In Asia:
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Phuket Island, Thailand (Pronounced Poo-Kaet)
  • Phi Phi Island, Thailand (Pronounced Pee-Pee)
  • Bhutan

 In North America:
  • Nuuk, Greenland
  • Banff National Park, Alberta
  • Glacier National Park, Montana
  • Salt Flats of Utah
  • and, Many Other Places in The United States!

In Caribbean & Oceania:
  • Palm Tree Lined Beaches (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
  • Puerto Rico
  • Costa Rica* (in Central America*)
  • In Oceania: Bora Bora, French Polynesia and Australia!

As You can see, There are a lot of Places that I want to see or to do. I want to go on these Trips for Various Reasons and with Various People. Some of Them are for Culture; Some of Them are for Fun; Some for Curiosity; and, Many of Them, Myself and My Future Wife will go on Many Adventures. Seems like a Good Excuse too, to see PTLS Family Members in those areas like Europe and Australia. Of Course, I will bring My Mom to some of these Places too and She can enjoy them as well. Now, It surely would be Interesting if Myself, My Mom, and My Brother went to Explore Europe. Europe with My Brother, Michael would be interesting! It would be a scene out of The Movie, EuroTrip. Okay, I know, Different Movie here but, that is What I think it would be like. Anyway, One Other Thought I had about The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Movie, It makes me wonder Why and No Offense to anyone with These Names, but Why are The Most Boring, No-Life-but-Wanting-Life People in The Movies, are named either Walter or Carl. The Rich People in The Movies, seem to be Named that too. All in all, on The Travel of Life, Since I can’t work Three Jobs to afford This, I might have to open a GoFundMe Account to Fund My Traveling and Adventure.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Don’t just Dream about Going Somewhere; If You can, Do It!



No comments: