February 5, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: My Thoughts on Sochi


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Lifts Your Soul
February 5, 2014-TCS # 388

So, Usually, I would avoid Writing Newsletters about something political but, I think that I have held in about it long enough. You See, I absolutely love The Olympic Games, I love all the aspects of it, what it stands for, and the Fact that Our Crazy World comes Together for 2 Weeks or Usually 16 Days. But This Time, As Excited as I am about it, I’m a little worried. Now, With the Utmost Respect to The IOC or The International Olympic Committee, They are the ones who vote on Who gets The Olympics, by the way. The IOC, at least, I believe Picked The Wrong City to Host The Olympics because They picked Sochi, Russia. Now, Two Notes before I mention why I think so. Respectfully, I note that The International Olympic Committee does do a lot of Hard Work to Pick The Host City and Country. For Example, They send “Observers” to check on The City’s Structure and The Runnings of it To Make Sure that It can handle The World with it’s Millions of People (Not Including Athletes), and That The Host City can Let Alone Pay for The Olympics to show up. After all the “Observing” is Done, then The IOC meets together and votes on a list of The 3 Host Cities for a Summer or Winter Olympics. Finally, After 3 rounds of Voting, The Winner (or Host City/Country) is Chosen and Announced 7 Years in Advance. Finally, My Second Respectful Note, Although I have never been to Russia, I respect Countries, regardless of How I feel about Them, Out of The Kindness of My Heart. Therefore, I must say I Do Not have anything against Russia. I do want to mention that Russia has a Horribly Long National Anthem, that is 4 Minutes Long! So, Now We move to The Reasons Why. The First Reason Why Sochi is The Wrong City is because it is Very Hard to get to for The World. In other words, It is not near any International Hub. The Nearest One is Moscow. Secondly, It is a Very Small Coastal Town, with a lot of Environmentally Protected Land surrounding it which makes it hard to be a Tourist and To Fit The World coming to see The Games. Now, The Olympics have been Hosted in Small Towns before, for example, as I like to point out; Lillehammer, Norway and Yes, even Lake Placid, New York. However, Lillehammer is much closer to the Major Hubs of Oslo, as well as Stockholm, If you want to go that scenic route. Now, Lake Placid is a Small Town too, as well as far away from New York City, but There is also Montreal, which is closer. So, The Next Reason is a much more Concern-able Reason. Sochi is not only near The Nation of Georgia, which is a Dangerous Area at This Time, but also There is a Terrorist Sector not far from Sochi. They are The Chechnians, The Chechnians are The People responsible for The Boston Bombing as well as The Bombing of The Train Station in a nearby town. I have heard that The Chechnians, although not as well known as “Mainstream Islamic Terrorists”, are just as strong, if not More Violent and Hardcore than The Rest of The Islamic Terrorists. And, The Final Reason is because, Sochi is not ready for it. In Fact, They are still building hotels and working on projects for The Olympics. Now, According to The New York Times Article I read, It could be The Weather, so You can’t blame them for that, It could be “It’s Russia!” But, Most Likely, They waited until The Last Minute to Start The Projects and They had Plenty of Time (7 Years!) To get ready for The World and International Attention to come to Their City. Right Now, Sochi appears to be Halfway Done in both The Coastal and Mountain Sector, However, The Olympic Venues and Village, within The “Rings of Steel” are all done and are Nice and Shinny. Now, I also want to mention that The Fact that Sochi is The Host City, has turned Very Political with The President of Russia and That too is very wrong, as We know that The Olympics are about World Peace, Harmony, and Sport for One Time Every 2 Years. All in all, I hope that This Olympics goes Very Well and That is There is No Trouble in it. And, to The IOC, Thank You for All the Hard Work You Do with Bringing The World Together, but, Please Consider all aspects of The Host City before Picking It.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Join With The World and Celebrate The World that We Live In.     



    

No comments: