June 22, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Conversations with Your Child

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

June 22, 2011- TCS # 255


So, I know a lot of You parents are wondering about all the things that We talked about in Raleigh. Well, The truth is we talked about a lot of things but, to help you, I’m going to tell you about one of the most important things we mentioned. You see, If you ask any PTLS Parent about it, They really want to say something about it but, it’s something on the list that a little hard to talk about. This is Talking, as in the following question that concerns many PTLS Family Members, “Will I ever get to have a full-length or at least A conversation with My Child?”. Now, when I was there I know alot of parents had it on their mind but, It was hard for them to ask that. Of Course, If I were in their shoes, It would break my heart to ask that sort of question. Now, of course the answer is Yes and You will in fact have a Conversation with Them. Then, the one thing that slows them(The Parents) down is the next question of “When?” and “Oh, Shnikes. What are they/will they say to Me?”. Now, Usually, as I heard somewhere, “The Golden Rule” as we’ll call it happens in their late teens or Around Their 20’s. Now, don’t get me wrong, The Kids will be talking way before that time but, what I mean is that, that’s when the stuff about how they felt about this or how they felt that. Also, a bonus is that they’ll be able to express themselves about certain things. Now, by now after telling Parents all about Conversations and Talking, they are floored. Then, comes the big fear and they shudder, “OHHH, I don’t want to know about How I did this or How I did that!” and “It’ll break my heart to hear some of the things that My Child will say!”. Well, whether you like it or not, it’s going to come. So, when Your child hits about 18 or so, then just ask or wait for “The 20’s Golden Rule”. Now, of course the advantage of this “20’s Golden Rule” is that not a lot parents both Normal and Special Needs know about it. As My Mom says, “it’s one of those special things between You and Your Child” that is as My Mom and I say is in “ The Book of Moms”. Anyway, The bottom line is that Yes, Your Child WILL talk and You WILL have a Full-length Conversation with Your Child. All in All, Be Patient because once Your Child begins to Talk, They will have a lot to Say.





Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Keep Your Mind and Ears Open, Be Ready. Beautiful Words are coming your way.

No comments: