December 12, 2007

The Christianville Spirit: My Love for The Holiday Season


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit of Christianville

As everyone knows what time of year it is, it is The Holiday Season. Which of course covers Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Kwanza, Christmas, and New Years? But, it’s different for many people. Well, at least the Christmas side (Hanukah and Kwanza are another story). People react to The Holiday Season in different ways. Some dread it, some hate it, and some love it like no other. When you mention Christmas to someone, they would likely tell you about presents, Santa Claus, and Jesus’ birth. I know many people dread Christmas because malls/shopping, spending time with in-laws/family, and of course the favorite, brought to you by a song “The 12 Pains of Christmas.” In the song it mentions 5 MONTHS OF BILLS. Why? Well, because people have a mountain of Christmas Presents under the tree. Me, I absolutely love Christmas and not because of presents or Santa Claus. But, because of Christmas Lights, songs, and just the happiness of people during this time: Like I’ve said many times before, I feel what other people are feeling. And, I know a lot of people are happy during The Holiday Season. According to My Mom, I never got excited about opening presents when I was a kid. She says I got more excited watching people opening their presents. Now, that’s not to say I don’t want anything for Christmas but, maybe I’d want just a few things. Another reason why I Love Christmas is the pretty Christmas Lights and Christmas Music. The Christmas Lights are even cooler now-a-days because the lights of many houses are in sync with music on a Local Radio Station and they are computer generated. I like it looks awesome that the lights match up with the music and it makes you follow the beat. I really like singing along with Christmas Songs I know. I also enjoy the fact Christmas is in winter and the weather of snow is awesome. I dream that one day I will spend Christmas or live up in Maine to see a White Christmas. Because I have never seen a White Christmas before; Also I love the Christmas Stories that they have at my church because how they setup the stage is really awesome and unique. All in all, I love Christmas and The Holidays more than any other time of the year.

Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. The Holidays are the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: