November 4, 2020

The Christianville Spirit: Career Class Memory

                                  


               The Christianville Spirit 

                      The Spirit that Gives Hope 

November 4th, 2020-TCS # 710 

 

Happy November, My Readers! Boy, Am I Glad to say that after My Least Favourite Holiday of Halloween. I Love Autumn! November, of course, is The Month of My Second Favourite Holiday of Thanksgiving (A Ton of Food!) after, of course, Christmas and We will get to that soon. So, It is Clear that Everyone at This Moment in Time is Very On Edge and Mostly, Very Unclear about What Exactly is Happening. But, In Honor to stick to The Theme of This Year’s Tagline, The Spirit that Gives Hope. I am going to go in an Alternative Direction, We are going to Talk about Something that is kind of Fuzzy in My Mind but, at the Same Time, Gives Hope. This is an Untold Story of My Life that, to This Day I have a Hard Time making sense of. So, Gather ‘round, My Readers! Gather ‘Round! For I am about to Tell an Untold Story of My Life! 

This Untold Story takes place when I was in Senior High School. In My Home City of Plano, that basically means 11th and 12th Grade. I believe that This happened in My 11th Year of High School. So, Background Story, When You are in 10.5 Grade (I was held back a Year and that is What I called it). I had to take a Career Education Class. At The Time, I called “Job Crew” because It was literally, Myself and Several Classmates, Learning about Career. I did Excellent in That Class, working with My “Job Crew” Team with Little Things like The Mailroom, Putting Mail in The Right Name’s Cubbie Hole or Changing The Outside Marquee, Writing the Message and Getting the Letters and Putting Them on. But, that is not The Fuzzy Part. So, I took another Career Ed. Class that was sort of a Mix of Special Ed. And Regular Ed. Anyway, so Our Teacher told us one day that We were to Develop a Team and Research Things as a Team for a Few Days and Then, We would take a Test on it. So, Test Day came and I think that I had to leave School Early that Day so, We moved it to The Next Day. Next Day came and We were told that, We would take The Test as a Team, Communicating Answers as a Team. At Least, that was My Understanding of Taking This Test as a Team. So, that is what We did. Asking each other What did They did for Number XYZ. This is The Part that I don’t Understand. The Teacher came over and stopped us saying that We were Cheating on The Test. I thought to Myself, “Cheating?!”, “How could I be Cheating?!” “I have never Cheated in My Life!”. We were to Work as a Team to get The Answers! We basically, had to separate, They gave us an F (Fail), and then Take The Test individually The Next Day because According to The Teacher, We cheated. I kind of thought that We were Working as a Team to get the Answers to a Test about Working with a Team. Very Strange! This also shows how Communication can be a Problem. I learned that working as a Team is important in any Job, but communication is Also Important. I wanted to Write about this to help PTLS Families see that their Child might take a class and learn about working at a job, What is expected in a Career and how to work in a Team. I really liked the Job Crew class.  Some of The Jobs I learned to do I liked, But others I didn’t. I was happy to be in the Regular Ed Class. What a lesson I learned! All in all, It is better to Communicate Clearly, It helps with Understanding! 

 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Don’t Underestimate Your Children! They may take a Career Class too! 

 

 

 

No comments: