March 20, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Keeping in Touch with Friends



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
March (Marzo) 20th, 2019-TCS # 632

Happy Spring, My Readers! Boy, I am sure that My Readers here in The Northern Hemisphere, The United States included, are Happy to hear that. Now, not to get Anyone confused but, in Australia, It is The First Day of Autumn (or Fall). Opposite Seasons! Funny how that Works! Anyway, so The Other Day I had a Deep Thought about Something. Something that in Context, I ask Myself more often than I care to admit. I ask Myself, some of The Following Questions, “Remember when This Person moved and Said that We would keep in touch. We have not seen them or talked to Them”; “Whatever happened to So-and-S0?”; “Boy, I have not talked to XYZ Person in a While, It might be Time to call them.” I was reminded of that because Our Former Neighbour who lived across The Street from Us, moved on The Other Side of Dallas-Fort Worth, I remember that We told them that We would come and Visit after They settled in. I remember The Town they live in, just not Where. Now, Believe Me, Sometimes, In Life’s Destiny, We tend to come to a Fork in The Road and They go The Highway Exit One Way and We go The Highway Exit The Other Day. Often times, although if You are Lucky, You see each other sometime again. More than often though, The Former person is replaced with Better person. For Example, The Former Neighbour was replaced with Our Current, Great Neighbours, Miss Patty and Mr. Marshall (Double Shoutout!). We could not have asked for better Neighbours than Them. Now, as a PTLSer, Changes like that can be a Strain in Us, even though It is Normal and It is Okay if It happens. Now, What about The People that You care about? Well, I have several People I care about. But, Yes, Even then, I have a hard time to remember to stay in Contact with Them. It may sound a Bit rigid, but I find that I keep in Contact with People better if There is a Scheduled Time to do so. For Example, When I first met My Friend, Deb (Refer to “The Famous Deb” Newsletter), I talked to Her on and off, We became Great Friends and then I stopped and We did not talk for a Couple Months, not because of Anything that She or I did but, We kind of forgot to keep in Contact. One Day, I thought that I should choose a Day and Time and that is When we talk. Unless One of us is doing something that day, Which We let each other know, when We know that We will talk online that Day. In All Honesty, It gives me something to look forward to in The Week. Now, Bearing in Mind, that Deb has a Much more Straight Schedule than Some People do, so It is Easier to talk with Her. Of Course, Talking to People from Different Parts of The Country or even The World has It’s Challenges because You are dealing with People in a Different Time Zone, so You have to find an Equivalent Time in both Places for It to Work.  I guess It has to do with My Need for Routine. So, If I include My Friends (and, Family for that matter) that I care about Most in My Routine, then I feel that Our Relationship will get better. Another Example is some of My Childhood Friends, We had a Brilliant Relationship with Each Other until around High School when the Childhood Friends, grew up and Went down different Roads. I thought that We would hang out when Big Events. Pardon The “How I Met Your Mother” Reference. So, How many People do You that used to Live Near, or Grew Up with, that You keep in Touch with? How do You stay in Touch?



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Keep in Touch with Your Friends or Family, even though It may not be Easy!




No comments: