November 14, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: A Reflective Thanksgiving



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
November 14th, 2018-TCS # 615

Hello My Wonderful Readers and Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, I realize that It is a Week early but, I am really going to give you something to Think about. My Friends, It is that Time of Year again, My Second Favorite Time of Year after Christmas. I Love Thanksgiving though! I mean The Turkey, The Stuffing, and The Family, What more could You want? I am thankful for Many Things and Many Things extra! The Roof over My Head, Food on The Table, and All the Basic Things that We have that We don’t realize that We should be Grateful for. So Let’s be Real for a second. What are You Thankful for? Yeah, Yeah! I know! We are asked this Question every year and usually We answer with Something simple like Your House, Your Family, or Yes, even Your Wealth. Maybe It is The Roof over Your Head, Food on The Table, and Money to pay for The Food as My Mom likes to say in Our Dinner Prayers. But, This Year, Let’s Talk about a Few Sung and Unsung Heroes. You See, Normally I see Thanksgiving as Not only a Time with Your Family but, A Time to Have Fun! Eat Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Whatever You can pile on Your Plate! This Year, I see Thanksgiving as a Great Time to Reflect. I would be Lying if I said, “Oh! This Year was a Good Year, It was Perfect”. No, Not This Year. Maybe Next Year. This Year of 2018 seems to be The Year that Things just didn’t go Right. When They don’t go Right, and Things don’t go The Way that You Planned or Hoped, but then again, In Life, What does go as Planned? In another Year from Now, I will probably look back on My Records and Laugh at How Ridiculous I sound. But, This Year, I Guess is What I will call a Year of Reflection. You know those, when You are Happy and You think “What would possibly Go Wrong?!”. Yep, That was This Year. Okay, so We came out Relatively Unscathed, maybe not Our Finances but, Mostly Unscathed, We survived! Now, I could list The People and Things that I am Thankful for; Family, PTLS Family Members, Two Sponsored Trips to Europe, Friends, and Neighbours. But, What kind of Reflection is That?! I am Truly Thankful who at The Grace of God that helped both My Mom and I stay sane in this Crazy Year of 2018. So, Here is a My List of Reflection Year Thankfulness. The Unsung Heros!
  • Even though you screwed up in Fixing Our Plumbing, I thank The Plumbers who did Fix Our Plumbing.
  • Thank You to a Helper of a Friend who helped replace The Part of The Ceiling and Repaint that The Plumber’s Assistant fell through. As Well as, The Holes that Plumbers made during The Re-Route Process
  • Thank You to the neighbours who helped when Our A/C Went out
  • Thank You to Rene the A/C guy
  • When Our Car’s Window messed up, A Very Kind Stranger at a Auto Zone in a Small Town Texas got The Genius Idea to Jam Business Cards in The Window until We could get to Atlanta in Our Family Emergency and Get it Fixed.
  • The Biggest of Thank You to Everyone for Helping my Grandma Honey and us either Directly (Waffle House Friends; “Miss Jan’s” Neighbours; The Fireman who saved her as well as All of The Paramedics that helped her as well. She calls them “Her Boys”) or Indirectly (The Stranger mentioned above and Grandma Honey’s Car Mechanic for His Humor”)
  • The Doctors in Grandma Honey’s Care
  • Let’s not Forget, Grandma Honey herself! Extremely Thankful that She is Alive and Well as I write This.
  • Thank You Our Neighbour, Kathy and Daughter, Jessica for Watching Our Dogs at Literally The Last Minute due to Our Family Emergency
  • Thankful for Mr. Jeff for Many Things including Attempting to Fix Our Car and Eventually, Deciding to get a New Car. Thank you Mr. Jeff for remembering everything that was important when I was growing up. I did not know you understood me like you do. 
  • I am Thankful for my Brother, Michael. Thank You for Understanding me
  • I am Thankful for Marta, who spent time helping me and Translating for Me. 
  • I am Thankful for my Uncle Scott Lerew, who is the Best Father Figure to me and Supports Me.
  • I am Thankful for the Rasenti Family for showing me so much love
  • I am Thankful for Deb for our Saturday Shows.
  • I am Thankful for Robin for sitting with me while my Mom went to see My Brother
  • I am Thankful for Max, who makes me laugh and let’s me tell her about anything.
  • I am Thankful for My Adopted Family in Stockholm, Josefina and Mattias, and My Ljusterö Family 
  • I am Thankful for my PTLS Family who Love me. I Love You!
I am sure that I am missing a Few Unsung Heroes So, If I do not mention You, For The Bottom of My Heart, I Thank You Very Much! All in all, I hope You have a Good Thanksgiving and Remember that Even though You are Having Fun during Your Thanksgiving, Remember not only be Thankful but, Reflect on Perhaps, Why You are Thankful!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Give Thanks for People and Things in Your Life!

No comments: