November 10, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: What was I Thinking when I was Young?!?

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

November 10, 2010- TCS # 224


So, I know alot of My PTLS Family are wondering about the “Stemming” your child is doing and then, ask questions like “What is going on inside their head?”. Now, since I’m now a Young Adult, there are times when I look at My PTLS Brothers and Sisters and wonder the same thing. Also, I think of whether I did those particular movements. Well, I’ve decided to tell you what I was thinking. When I was a kid living with My Mom and Mr. Jeff at his House, I found a spot in the yard to “Stem” which in my case, was Pacing back and forth. Before I started pacing, I would first make sure no one was watching because it would stop me. After I figured that no one was around I’d start pacing, I would think about many things. One of the things I thought of was the sounds of the roads here in Dallas, by the way the major highways in Dallas have grooves in the cement which when driving on it made a high pitch noise. When I was young, I didn’t know what to call it or how to describe the noise of the road, so, I called it the “Holler Road” because that’s what it sounded like to me. In order to simulate the noise I would hum at a high pitch like I thought the road would sound like. Another thing, I paced about was pretending that I was in a different place and it was even funner because we had a creek in the backyard. Now, there were 2 Places where I would pretend I was at and I would make the creek a border line. The First place which was spurred from one place My Dad took My Brother and I to, Laredo, Texas-Nuevo Laredo, Mexico area, I would pretend that the creek was The Border between Texas and Mexico; and that we lived in Laredo, Texas(Because we were on the North side of the creek) and My Elementary School, which on the south side of the creek was in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Anyway, when you walked into Mr. Jeff’s House we had a game room. I pretended that was a US Customs Station and you had to walk through the Kitchen and Living Room to get into the country. Not only that but, I pretended that above the doors and on the walls throughout the house were signs saying “To Laredo” for the people going into the country. The other place I imagined while pacing back and forth in the backyard was that I was on the Texas/Oklahoma Border. Now, this was spurred by the lake house that Mr. Jeff had that we would go to every other weekend which was close to Oklahoma. As you can imagine, in my “Dream World,” we’ll call it, we lived in Marietta, Oklahoma and My School was in Gainesville, Texas. Another thing I thought about when pacing was images of my imaginary city, Christianville. You See, I would Imagine The cities of Christianville I named the cities of Brooke, Christianville, South Christianville, and what was then The City of Elizabethvania. In those 3 cities, I imagined 3 things, the street signs of Brooke, the Bridge over the Tennessee River between Christianville, Tennessee and South Christianville, Mississippi(by the way, the bridge is similar to The Golden Gate Bridge) and the border between South Christianville and Elizabethvania. Just so you know, Elizabeth is Mr. Jeff’s Daughter and Brooke was My childhood best friend. The former city of Elizabethvania, which is now Izzyville, was a very messy city filled with trash and ugly street signs. Now, at the time, I figured that I wanted Christianville to be the city where everyone wanted to go to and Elizabethvania was the worst. Now, don’t get me wrong, Elizabethvania’s condition was no reflection of her or what I thought of her, it was just the way I thought of the city. Now, Once I got older, I had a big clean up of the city and changed it’s name to the present name, Izzyville. and, yes Izzyville is a nice and clean city now.

Now, when I was at school I would rock back and forth. When I was in 4th Grade I actually had 2 crushes, one was Lynee. But, my secret crush was on a girl with orange hair named Lauren. What I thought about might be funny to you, but I imagined I rescued this girl from the room next to us in the 4th grade from a fire or an evil teacher. After Elementary School, My Pacing slowed down but, I still Rocked back and forth because it made me feel good. But, every school that I went to, after I knew my way around, I would imagine street signs on the wall and would name the hallways which I would do all the way up to Senior High School. So, if your children are rocking, humming, or pacing, they are thinking deeply about something. We PTLSers have great imaginations. All in all, that’s a little peek into my head of what I was thinking.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Just because someone doesn’t talk, doesn’t mean their mind isn’t working.

No comments: