December 16, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: Christmas Traditions

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
December 16, 2009- TCS # 178

Ok, Everyone. It’s that time of year again, The Holiday Season. The Holiday Season has 4 holidays which are Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanza, and New Years. But, one major thing about every holiday season that everyone has is traditions. Traditions are things you like to do around that time of year that makes you feel like it’s that holiday. Like for me, that means putting the tree in the beginning of December, taking a drive through Deerfield(which in Plano, is THE neighborhood to see The Christmas Lights), and of course getting up Christmas Morning to see what Santa got us. You see, it seems though that Christmas is getting more about the shopping than traditions and spending time with Family. According to My Mom, Traditions and spending time with family were very big back then. Hence that oh so famous song “Home for The Holidays”. Now, when it comes to Christmas Music, people are much divided between the traditional music and today’s Christmas music (or I call it, Modern Christmas Music). As for me, I’m actually both, I’m mostly modern but, I love traditional ones like “ White Christmas”, “Home for The Holidays”, and of course, “Felix Navidad”. however, there are certain songs CAN NOT be remade like “The Little Drummer Boy” and a couple others. All in all, the point here is that you should spend time with Your Family, do your traditions, and maybe create new ones.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Kwanza. Enjoy The Holiday Season as much as I do.

No comments: