June 10, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: The DTV Switch(The REAL Deal)


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
June 10, 2009- TCS # 152
Ok, Now I know I wrote about TV’s switch to Digital Television back in February. But, as many of us know Congress and President Obama moved the switch to June 12 which is THIS FRIDAY. The reason congress moved the date was because of the concern that Americans weren’t ready for it and sadly I’m sure there are still many Americans are still not ready. But, you know; as excited as I am about this new change I believe they shouldn’t make it so hard to get ready. It should just a simple switch and that’s it. Or send people to help those who do know how to do it or can’t afford it. Here’s a thought on something I heard on Dallas’ Local TV Station, WFAA-TV. They say that if you have a analog battery-operated TV then, you have to now get a battery-operated converter box and my thought is that let’s say your on a road trip and your child or your self want to watch or at least hear a show then, that you have not only take your TV but, lug around a converter box that has to stay attached to the TV to watch or listen to a show. Now, I must say though that the converter box is small. But, still. Who wants to carry a TV AND converter box? But, like it or not, the switch is on Friday so, unless you want rush out with the rest of America and get a digital TV, you unfortunately have to do that. Now, if your one of those people who have to do this to get the show you want, I feel for you. All in all, I hope this switch is pleasant for you and your family.
 
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. If you change the way you see other people your life will be like the switch to DTV!

No comments: