January 21, 2009

The Christianville Spirit: Profoundly Normal

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches Your Life
January 21, 2009- TCS # 131
So, last week on a Friday Night I was scanning through the channels looking for something to watch and I came across a movie on Lifetime called “Profoundly Normal”. So, I thought it was interesting and I looked at the info. And, it said that it was a true story about a developmentally disabled couple who fall in love, get married, and have a baby contrary to what other people say. So, I turned it on and I felt great that there was actually a love story for people with Special Needs. But, however little did I know they also would show what life inside a Mental Institution that was very disturbing. Because it showed how they grew up in a Mental Institution where they were physically and mentally abused. But, they overcame the bad things that they experienced. The best part was that this couple got married even though their The State said no. so; all in all, this movie shows that Special Needs can conquer anything they put their mind to.

Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. If you see or hear something about Special Needs people being treated badly, do something about it and help them!

No comments: