July 28, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: (TCS Series) My PTLS Family

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
July 28, 2010- TCS # 209

Ok, Everyone it’s time for the 4th Installment of The Christianville Spirit Series, “A Day in the Life of Christian and PTLS”. For this installment, I’m going to tell you about an important element of my life, My PTLS Family. So, without further a due, this is The Christianville Spirit Series, “A Day in the Life of Christian and PTLS”. Ever since I was blessed with Potocki-Lupski Syndrome(back then, it was called a Duplication of Chromosome 17 or dup.17p11.2). My Mom and I didn’t really have any support for My Special Needs, we had to wait several years before anyone else was diagnosed or any other doctors picked it up. Until finally, someone was finally diagnosed. Today, after 19 Years from being diagnosed, thanks to better technology, there is finally a name, and a larger group of people to join The PTLS Union, I have a PTLS Family of just over than 30 People. Recently there have been a couple of people who refer to my PTLS Family as “Strangers”, but obviously they don’t understand who strong and special the bond of this Special Family is to Me. My PTLS Family may not be Blood Relatives but, in many ways they means more to me than some of my family. I may be Hope in their eyes, But, They are support to me through my eyes, because they are the true people that understand me and celebrate me. They don’t question why and why not I don’t do things because they accept me for who I am. In fact, next week I’m going to celebrate my birthday with a group of them and The Smith Family in Atlanta. I Thank them for being such an important part of my life. Because PTLS is a rare syndrome, It’s very important to have a such a close bond between each other. For those who I’ve already met, they are awesome people and I look forward to meeting the others.
All in all, My PTLS Family is a source of encouragement for me and I love them for it.



Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Remember that sometimes, The closest people may not be blood. But, their family.

2 comments:

Bartt Suchland said...

Can't wait to see the PTLS family again. It will be here soon.

Aimee & Ryleigh said...

Ryleigh and I are really excited. We've been talking a lot about riding on the plane and our new friends we'll be seeing in Atlanta.