July 7, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: (TCS Series) About Me

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
July 7, 2010- TCS # 206

Now, I know a lot of My Readers and Parents of PLTS Families wonder a lot about me; like what my daily life is like or what it feels like to have and deal with having PTLS. So, I decided that it would be awesome to tell you how I live and deal with PTLS. So, I’m going to have a series on it, I’m calling it “A day in the life of Christian and PTLS”. So, without further a due, this is The Christianville Spirit Series, “A Day in The Life of Christian and PTLS”. To start this series, I’m going to start with general things about me. First off, of course, I’m Christian and I was born in San Antonio, TX on August 11, 1987; right now, I’m 22 going on 23 Years Old and Yes, I still live at Home. Because of my reaction time, I probably won’t be Driving because I’m busy looking at Road Signs and My Reaction Time is very slow. Over the years, The foods that I eat have progressed a lot since I was a kid. You see, When I was a kid all I ate was Yogurt, Mac n’ Cheese, Grilled Cheese, and Spaghetti because I had a lot of issues with Textures and Appearances. Today though, I eat a lot more things than I did. But, I still have Texture Issues and I won’t eat things that look funny. My Eyes and Ears were very sensitive through the years. But, now their not as bad. The Sound of The Ocean Waves, People talking Loud, Loud Music, Trains, and Thunder really bothered my hearing. Speech has been an on-going issue, I took my time beginning to talk because I was too busy taking in everything about me. Because of my submucous cleft palate, I had to learn how to speak with the air going out my mouth, not my nose. Sometimes I tend to talk with my teeth together and I don’t make the words clear. So, I have to be reminded to speak clearly. But, I don’t have any problems with my vocabulary words; that many teachers have been impressed with since I started talking at 5. Just because I started talking later in my life, does not mean I wasn’t paying attention and once I started talking, I didn’t stop. My Mom says “He’s making up for lost time”. My Motor Skills have been a little different, My Mom says I have poor muscle tone but, I have strength. She also says I have always had problems with my fine motor skills. I’m very routine oriented and My teachers in school almost knew when I was off my routine because I couldn’t focus on what I needed to do. I have to know what to expect or I have a lot of Anxiety. All in all, All of this makes me the special person that I am.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Having Special Needs isn’t a bad thing, It’s just a different thing.

No comments: