June 30, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: The Adventures of Flooring

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
June 30, 2010- TCS # 205

So, Yesterday was the near end of something We’ve been dealing with for a while now. You see, It started 2 weeks ago when My Mom first told me that something was leaking and the fact that when she stepped on our hardwood floor, little bits of water was seeping out of it. My Mom came home that night and there was much more water and we found out that it was coming from The Refrigerator. After finding that, My Mom panicked because she didn’t where in the refrigerator it came from. And, The next day, the trial began. First, They had to tear up most of the kitchen hardwood floor which meant there was just gritty concrete in the kitchen. But, oh it gets worse; next, to dry to wet spots they had to put 5 roaring fans and a humidifier. And, I’ll just tell you how loud it was! You see, Normally our TV’s Volume Number during the day sits anywhere between 15 and 20. So, when they were turning on the fans, I was watching ABC’s World News Tonight and my volume was at 17. As each fan went on, I had increase the volume so, I could hear it. By the time, the workers left from Part 1 of the project, the volume was a blasting 35 and even then, I couldn’t hear everything that they were saying. So, eventually I couldn’t take the noise anymore. So, My Mom and I started watching TV in her room. The next day, They had to put a plastic containment border around the kitchen and a little bit of the living room, which the Insurance Company required them to put up instead of humidifying the whole house. So, each time we wanted to get food, drinks, or let the dogs out we had to lower a zipper and go through. And, eventually it came to Watching TV in My Mom’s Room and eating in the edge of the living room. One night, while My Mom and I were watching TV, My Mom says “We’re really bonding as a Family!” and I said “Why do you say that?”, she responds, “Because of My Kidney Stone and now, this”. She was Right about that. So, for the next 4 Days, My Mom and I had to watch TV in her room, eating in living room, and all with fans roaring. The fans were removed one by one until finally they were gone and we celebrated with what My Mom called a “Noise Reduction Cake”. So, After That we had to clean up the house so, that they can pull up the old floors and it left more gritty concrete which really drove me crazy. To top it off, Everything wasn’t in it’s place and they had to keep moving the furniture which really confused me. Which brings us to yesterday, they finally finished to the flooring, it looks really nice. All in all, I am so thankful that it’s over.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Home Repairs can drive you insane. But, it’s worth it in the end.

No comments: