June 16, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: The Oil Spill and Our Beach

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
June 16, 2010- TCS # 203

As most of You know, around this time of year My Mom, Grandma Honey, Myself and other family members are getting excited about our annual Smith Family Beach Vacation in Gulf Shores. But, as you can tell by the news about the oil spill, we’re most likely not going this year and if the oil isn’t stopped soon, likely stop going. Now, My Fellow Readers I can probably say that you’ve heard about and are sick of it. But, I feel it has gone on long enough that I have to say something about it. First of all, My Family’s Traditional Beach that we go to now Black from The Oil. Now, the space between the beach houses and the end of where the water washes up is still white. But, the thing is that is where no one goes there, except during a walk on the beach where you don’t get feet wet. Anyway, all of this oil stuff is making me mad because no one seems to doing anything, I mean I can say that at least BP is doing SOMETHING. But, still I think they should be doing more or either that BP should have let the other Nations like The Netherlands or Norway to help(which they have decided to do now) Anyway, The point is that their ruining 2 things, Our Family’s Beach Tradition and The best beach on the gulf. Actually, I know for sure the beaches spacing from Panama City to Biloxi/Gulfport are the best and most white beaches on the gulf. If you go farther west, The beach’s beauty doesn’t get better until around Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. One of the things that we loved about Gulf Shores were The Dolphins that put on a really good show for us every year, The Crabs that we would watch scurry across the beach, and The Sea Turtles come to nest their eggs every year at the same time, same place. But, now I’m concerned about all of them. All in all, I love my annual trip to the beach and I am really going to miss it.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish the Places that you visit and Your Family’s Traditions because you never know when you’re going to lose them.

No comments: