June 2, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: My Mom's Kidney Stone

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
June 2, 2010- TCS # 201

So, On the Eve of my 200th Newsletter, I got up on Tuesday and everything was normal. I was having my lunch and my brother was sitting with me eating his lunch. That was until my Aunt Kathy came in and told me and my brother that My Mom was sick and had pains in her belly. So, I walk in to My Mom’s room to see if she was ok and she was laying across her bed in a curled position, quivering in pain. I asked her if she was ok and she said in a quivery voice, “No” and I asked her how I could help and she told me to put my hand on her lower back for pressure which actually helped. She turned out okay after an hour or so. Now, this wasn’t the case but, I actually thought that she was pregnant but she wasn’t. She was fine for the next couple days until she felt the same way again on Friday. But, this time Kathy and Michael weren’t around to help. Kathy was probably doing a massage and Michael was at Work. So, I was the only one at home with My Mom quivering in pain. This time since there wasn’t any help around, I panicked. I was so close to calling 911 because I didn’t know what was going on. I tried the stuff I knew, Ask Questions about how it started and if she had called anyone. She had told me she had called Kathy to let her know and so, I called her again saying “My Mom’s having an attack again” and she replied “I know”. so, there I was the only one at home and My Mom having what I called an “Attack” and waiting for Kathy to come over again. Aside from having my hand on her side, I felt so helpless because I didn’t know what to do and even if I called 911 which I was so close to doing, I thought to myself “I know the main parts of calling 911, You have the address, important details on if you have animals to watch for so the people are prepared.” but, then I thought, ”How do I describe what’s wrong with My Mom” well, after a little while of waiting Kathy comes over and help My Mom with this one. On Saturday, we decided to have a Garage Sale and she was fine all day. That was until around 5 o’ clock when My Mom and her long-time friend Judy began making plans for a cook-out that evening. But, then it happened again. But, this time I was more prepared for it. So, I did the same thing and while My Mom told me to look up “Kidney Stones”. So, I looked it up and read the symptoms, meanwhile Judy came to get My Mom to the Emergency Room. At about 11 PM she comes homes with 4 Band-Aids on her arms because she had been poked 4 times because they couldn’t find her vein. So, I was right and it was a 5mm Kidney Stone that she named Baby Huey. Since her diagnosis, she had several more “attacks”. Poor Mom! During this ordeal I felt helpless, sad, and sick to see My Mom like that. I was scared to death of what was happening with My Mom. I made me have an emotional crying/worrying spell and I was afraid she was going to die, stay in the hospital for several days and there wouldn’t be enough food for me to eat. My Mom had to assure me that she was not going to die, there would be food and people to take care of me, and that I did a lot to help her. And, in the end while I was crying to her, she told me I saved her life and I was the biggest help to her. All in all, this is has been an experience with how I deal with Emergencies. Though My Mom still chuckles when she thinks about the time she is quivering in pain and My OCD kicks in. She asked me to bring her medicine and stay and push on her back. But, I had to take the medicine back to the medicine cabinet, reminding you that I walk slow everywhere, before I could go rub her back. That’s just the way I am.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I hear having a baby is less painful that giving birth to a Kidney Stone. I don’t want to experience either.

No comments: