June 9, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: My Allergy Test

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
June 9, 2010- TCS # 202

So, 2 Days ago, I had to go to ENT because I have headaches all the time and we’re trying to figure out why I’m having them. Anyway, I had to go I had to have an Allergy Test done. Now, I had known for weeks about what it generally was and what was going to happen. But, Boy was I in for a treat. Now, Most People hate needles, including me but, for someone who hates them, this allergy testing was like your worst fears come true. This test had 2 parts to it, The first part, which I was ready for was a caterpillar-like prong with 20 small needles on it and that went on my lower arm(below where you usually have blood drawn) and that went up my arm to that point. After that was done I had to wait 20 Minutes to see if there was any reaction and there were only 2 that I saw. After the results were recorded, It was time for the 2nd part. Now, what they told me it was going to be was that they were going inject a needle just below the skin. Well, I actually assumed that it was going to be one shot, little did I know. So, the test was actually 36 INDIVIDUAL SHOTS. Yes, You heard me right 36! What a Surprise! They made 3 rows on my upper arm. Some of them you couldn’t feel much and other really hurt. The Results of the whole testing were that I was allergic to Cottonwood, Bermuda Grass, and The most surprising to me, Cats. So, all in all, It’s good to at least know what your allergic to so, yourself and others know so, they can prevent you from having an allergic reaction. But, it’s quite a test.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. If your going to get an allergy test, be ready for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It seem to me that you managed that needle fear with flying colors and thanks for letting me know that I'll never go and have an allergic test!

Anyway, great story, it put a smile on my lips! :)

Unknown said...

By the way, it's Stefan, Malcolms father who's writing! Forgot to mention that little detail. ;)