May 12, 2010

The Christianville Spirit:(TCS Series): PTLS Doctors and Staff

The Christianville Spirit Align CenterThe Spirit that Inspires YouMay 12, 2010- TCS # 198

Ok, Everyone. It’s time for the 4th Installment of The Christianville Spirit Series, “All Thanks to You”. For this Installment I’m going to thank a group of people that rarely get thanked and that is Doctors and their Staff. The thing is, Doctors and Staff rarely get thanked for the things they do. Unfortunately, the only time Doctors get thanked when the patient is appreciative . But, you see the Doctors/Staff that I’m Talking about aren’t just any Doctors, They’re the Doctors/Staff of The PTLS Union. There are the very baseline of the Special Needs known as Potocki-Lupski Syndrome( also known as a duplication of Chromosome 17p11.2) so, without further a due, This is The Christianville Spirit Series “All Thanks to You”, the Doctors and Staff of The PTLS Union. The First thing I want to thank them for is putting me through the study to find this duplication in Me. Because, that is why I’m so unique and rare. You see, if it weren’t for them, I could have just been diagnosed with just Autism or unknown, nothing else. The 2nd thing I thank them for all their hard work in discovering everything about PTLS. The 3rd thing I thank them for is for putting together a website so people can learn more about all the things related to it. So, then Parents can know if their child or young adult has PTLS. The 4th thing I want to thank them for is having the first PTLS conference in Houston to bring all the PTLS families to come together, meet, and support each other. The next and most important thing that I want to thank them for is finally naming my duplication Because I feel that it’s easier to say that you have PTLS instead of “a duplication of Chromosome 17”. Anyway, My duplication was actually named by both Dr. Potocki and Dr. Lupski in March 2007. All in all, the people I’m thanking are Dr. Potocki, Dr. Lupski, Patti Furman, and All the other doctors involved because they are awesome.


Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Thank a Doctor every now and then. Because they are there to heal you.

1 comment:

robert.centeno said...

Christian, good work on the latest edition of "The Christian Ville Spirit." I could not agree with you more on thanking our health care professionals. I hope all is well. I have really enjoyed reading your blog.