April 14, 2021

The Christianville Spirit: 13th Homecoming Week & Lighthouse Day

                  


                The Christianville Spirit

                   The Spirit that Keeps Giving 

April 14th, 2021 – TCS # 727 

 

Happy Homecoming Week and Lighthouse Day, My Readers! Okay, so This is One of Those Greetings of Mine that has a Deeper Meaning! Now, You would think that Homecoming Week means, The Week that You go to the Homecoming Dance, sort of like Prom. It is a Big Thing in Texas, Trust Me! Better yet, Think of it as a Texas Prom. For The Record, I actually went to The Homecoming Dance in High School and Yes, I did most of The Traditions of Homecoming, I digress. 

So, What is Homecoming Week? and While We are at it, 

What is Lighthouse Day?, You might ask. For The Record, The Term, “Homecoming” can be The Term used for When People pass away and They go to Heaven. Meaning that They go Home, Known as a “Homecoming”. 

Well, First a Little Background Story about This. I will let the 2015 Me Explain!  

 
This Segment of Newsletter was written on April 29th of 2015 (Refer to Newsletter 448) 

 
I am sure that All of You have That One Time of The Year when If Any Anything Bad is going to Happen, It is going to be in That Month. In Other Words, In Everyone’s Family, There is always that One Month of The Year that You dread it coming because You believe something crazy is going to Happen. For Some, It is a Months like September (for those of 9/11), October, May, or  (Hopefully Not) December. For Our Family, It seems to be April. Nearing The End of March, We see April coming and We think “Oh No! Not Again!”, Every April, I can’t WAIT for April to be over with and Come Out of It Unharmed. So, Why Exactly do I Hate April? It seems that April is The Month that if Someone is going Pass Away or Something Bad is going to Happen, It will be in That Month and Believe Me, It has happened before. You See, Several Members of The Smith Family have passed away within Days of Each Other in Different Years, The First was Uncle Doc on April 14th, 2007, (on Our Birthday Calendar, We put The Term, “Homecoming”); The Next Year, 2008, on April 17th, My Mom’s Dad, Popi passed away; and finally, on April 11th, 2010 My Grandma Honey’s Mom, “Grandma Mimi” as We called her, passed too. That is also not to Mention that My Grandma Honey’s Dog, Sugar passed away on April 30th, 2010. Uncle Doc passed early April. So, Since Popi past away back in 2008, April has been sort of a “Bad Luck Month” for Our Family. Now, I will say that There is Some Light that did Come Out of April, Don’t Worry This Newsletter is not going to be that Depressing, I promise You!  

(Back to Present Me) 

So, Because The Dates of The Members of The Smith Family were Years apart, but Lands roughly within a Week of Each Other, I decided to create a “Memorial Week” starting with “Grandma Mimi Day” (Grandma Honey’s Mom) and Ending with “Lighthouse Day” (My Mom’s Dad, Popi). For The Record, I like the Name, Lighthouse Day because It sounds more meaningful than Just “Popi Day”. The Reason being that Popi loved Lighthouses plus, Lighthouses are Really Cool and They naturally make me think of Popi. Perhaps, It is because I remember him having a Lighthouse Collection. Big Ceramic Lighthouses in His Living Room above The TV. 

On The 10th Year since Popi, My Mom’s Dad passed away and I started calling the day “Lighthouse Day” because above His Extensive Postage Stamp Collection, was His Lighthouse Collection and Boy, I do remember that He had some Big Ceramic Lighthouses in His Collection. In all Honesty, I would love to have a Few of Them. I mean, You have got to admit that Lighthouses are Pretty Cool! So, Why not name The Day of Popi passing away as Lighthouse Day. It would certainly put Light in an Otherwise Sad Month. Plus, to End Homecoming Week with Lighthouses, How Fun is that?!  

All in All, Homecoming Week is a Good Way to remember The People that lived, Not always The People that died. It would be Very Depressing the other way around. 

 

 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Shine a Positive Light(House) on A “Homecoming Week”.  

No comments: