April 14, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: My Great Grandma Mimi

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
April 14, 2010- TCS # 194

For those for you who know or about to find out, My Great Grandma Mimi passed away early Sunday morning. My Great Grandma Mimi (who I refer to as “Grandma Mimi”) was actually 94 Years Old. You see, My Grandma Mimi was a very strong women and she was famous in our family for that. In my eyes, from what I knew of her she was famous for two things. First, according to My Mom, when she washed the dishes after dinner, she would not just use hot water and it’s done. My Grandma Mimi would have the water soo hot that lot of steam would be coming from the sink. The second thing she was famous for was her health. In Fact, she was by far the healthiest person in our family. Each time that we would talk about her, I would always say that she was “As Healthy as a Horse”. Now, My Grandma Mimi was also a person of tradition, in fact whenever, there was a death, birthday, wedding, or other big event, My Mom, Grandma Honey, and others went to one Italian restaurant to celebrate and have a good old fashioned Italian Family 5 course dinner. The 2nd to last time that I saw Grandma Mimi was a couple years ago at that same restaurant for a surprise party for her 90th Birthday. At the party, each of us kids (My Brother, me, and some of my cousins) had a job to do. Like My job was to welcome everyone to the party. Anyway, the part I remember the most was when she whispered in my ear, “You’re My Favorite Great Grandson”. But, I didn’t realize of how grateful I am because not many people get to see their Great Grandmothers because most of the time, they pass away either when you were young or not even born yet. And, I got to see My Great Grandma into my 20’s. So, if that doesn’t tell you how healthy she is, I don’t know what will. All in all, Great Grandma Mimi or just “Grandma Mimi” she was quite and awesome one. And, by the way, adding to her health record, her sister is nearing 100 and she is still alive!


Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. If your Great Grandma is still alive, cherish what you have while you have it.

This Week’s The Christianville Spirit is dedicated in memory of My Great Grandma Mimi.

No comments: