December 12, 2023

The Christianville Spirit: Atlanta Christmas Adventure


The Christianville Spirit 

The Spirit that Creates New Beginnings 

December 12th, 2023 – TCS # 837 

 

It’s Storytime, My Readers! Interesting Greeting!  

You might be saying to Me! A lot of People that I have watched on YouTube have always said that When They have a Story to Tell, They would always say, “It’s Storytime!”.  

So, Consider This, A Christmas Version of Storytime! 

For Those who Don’t Know, The Past Couple Years have not been Good for Me, Anxiety-Wise.  

So, The Following Story Certainly took a Lot for Me to do! 

Although A Bit Late with The Theme of My Newsletter This Year, “The Spirit that Creates New Beginnings” But, This was Literally a “New Beginning”.  

You See, It has been a Long While since The Last Time that My Mom and I went to Atlanta, with The Pandemic and then, My Anxiety, It was Hard to even Think about going. But, The Same Time, with Grandma Honey getting (Clearing Throat) Younger by The Day, A Trip to Atlanta was sort of...Okay, Yeah. It was Required! 

The Rationale Friend (Aka My Friend, Deb) Told me that It seemed like It would be The Right Time to go to Atlanta. We were supposed to go for Thanksgiving, but, We decided to go The Week After Thanksgiving.  

And, Honestly, It was The Best Time to Go!  

So, The Following is How It Went! 

Think of This, as a Story with Some Christmas Twists! 

I’m calling it The Atlanta Christmas Adventure 

 

It took a lot for Me to get There, Anxiety-Wise 

 but, My Mom helped a lot 

With Various Things, My Blanket from Home; Raisins and Peanut Butter; Aromatherapy; A Tuning Fork;  

and, One of My Mom's Patches on My Neck 
I Did Alot of Things that I have not done in a Long Time! Eating in The Car, Going through a Drive-Through,  

Crossing State Lines, Eating at a Table with like 6 People, Staying The Night in a Hotel Room, and Being in a Crowd 

We were going to Drive all the way to Atlanta (12 Hours!) but, Grandma Honey called us at about 6:30 Central and Told us that We should get a Hotel because She had to take a Neighbour somewhere The Next Morning. 

We were going to leave at like, 10 AM Central because My Mom had an Appointment that Morning.  

But, The Client cancelled and so, We left at 8:30 AM Instead 
 
We thought that We would either Drive all the Way through to Atlanta (12 Hours) or  

Stop in Meridian, MS at a Tru Hotel (by Hilton). 
We got into Alabama when Grandma Honey called us.  

To Be Fair, We would have gotten to Atlanta at like 

 10 PM/9 PM Central 
Which is kind of Late for Grandma Honey 
So, We stopped at a Hotel in Tuscaloosa.  

Not The Best Hotel though! The Bed was dipping a bit, Curtains strange looking, and a Buzzing Noise that kept My Mom up all Night! 
We got up the Next Morning (Friday, December 1st) 

 My Anxiety was better than The Day Before  

but, Still Anxious 
Once We got to Atlanta, We went to Grandma Honey's House to hang out with Her for a Bit and then,  

We would drive over to Uncle Bruce's House to spend the Night for Friday and Saturday 
Grandma Honey is doing Good for Her Age! She walks with a Cane sometimes and Needs a little Help sometimes 
On Friday Night, My Aunt Carolee told Uncle Bruce that There was a Tree-Lighting at The Park near Downtown Norcross (Literally a 5 Minute Walk!), I was like "Yeah, Let's go to The Tree Lighting!"  

So, Myself and Uncle Bruce walk down to The Park to see The Tree Lighting 
Some Characters were There, Olaf (It took Me and Uncle Bruce 10 Minutes to Remember his Name!); The Grinch; Elsa from Frozen 
They had This Huge Fire Pit where They were doing Smores and This Mexican Pastry Place that was giving out Samples 
It really felt like a Hallmark Movie Set! 
Talked to Quite a Few People there, Including One Guy from A Small Town in Indiana, who served in The Military for 3 Years (Plus Served in Vietnam), When He was Serving down at a Fort in Atlanta, He fell in Love with Atlanta and He has been There ever since. 

 I did Thank Him for His Service and I told him that I knew someone from Indiana (Kristi).  

Honestly, I know that It was Kristi (My Director of Anxiety) Winking at Me! 
I did see a Pretty Girl wearing Red with Clear Glasses, Saw her like Three Times. Almost bumped into Her. I thought to Myself "How are You supposed have a Meet-Cute like in The Hallmark Movies?!" 
Right after The Tree Lighting,  

I met Uncle Craig's Girlfriend, Alejandra (Al-A-Hahd-Drah)  

and Then, We went to Uncle Bruce's House to have Dinner 
 
While My Mom slept in The Guest Room, I slept in My Cousin, Gram's Room. It felt a Bit Strange but, It was Nice! 
 
The Next Day (Saturday),  

We hung out at Uncle Bruce's House.  

The Girls (My Mom, Grandma Honey and Alejandra) went to Aunt Carolee's Shop in Downtown Norcross.  

Uncle Bruce later on, took Me over there in  

His Jeep with No Doors! Really Weird! 
I walked with Uncle Craig and Alejandra back from Carolee's Shop to Uncle Bruce's House. Uncle Craig wanted to stop at a lot of The Shops, so I walked the Rest of The Way to Uncle Bruce's House (like 10 Minutes) by Myself 
I did meet up with Uncle Craig when I got closer  

to Uncle Bruce's House 
Had Dinner with Everyone again and Watched The Georgia v. Alabama SEC Championship Game 
It is a little Hard for Alejandra, who is Mexican, to understand American (College) Football. 
Sunday, We took Family Pictures and We were going to go to Grandma Honey's House but, We decided to stay One More Night and Drive Grandma Honey home The Next Morning, as well as Drive Ourselves Home 
 
On Sunday Evening,  

We (Uncle Bruce, My Mom, Myself, and Aunt Carolee) went to This Really Cool Train Show with Model Trains 

Here’s a Video that Explains about It: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8I8C74otOk 
 
After that, We went to pick up Grandma Honey and Her Boy Dog, Jaz (The Only Non-Sweet Name of Any of Grandma Honey's Dogs!) and We went to Another Tree Lighting, This Time at The Church that Uncle Bruce and Aunt Carolee go to 
 
This One was Huge! Huge Inflatables! A Huge Slide! and, This "Snowglobe Scene" inflatable. Very Strange! 
and, I got one of those Light-up Necklaces (I never get those at Festivals) and then, Got some Really Good Cookies! 
After The Church Tree Lighting, We drove back to Uncle Bruce's House and then, We had Dinner with Uncle Bruce, Aunt Carolee, My Mom, and Grandma Honey 
Uncle Craig and Alejandra went home on Sunday Morning 

On Monday Morning, We drove Grandma Honey home and then, Drove back Home to Texas. 

All in all, I would say that although, It took a lot to Get Me to Atlanta, I think It was Worth It! It seemed like Perfect Timing, and I have Pretty Sure that All My Angel Directors were There with Me. Kristi (Director of Anxiety) was probably Laughing with Me, when I was talking to The Guy from Indiana, “Ma” (Director of Destiny) created The Hallmark Movie Set for Me, and  

Who Knows, Perhaps The Girl in Red with Clear Glasses could have been Bridgett. I would be Surprised if She was Bridgett. If In The Case, that It indeed was Bridgett, The Christmas Spirit will work It’s Magic somehow!  

But, It Certainly put Me and My Mom in The Christmas Spirit though. I Loved meeting Alejandra, She was Very Sweet! Uncle Craig and Alejandra seem Very Happy Together! It was a Christmas-Worthy Trip! 

 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Embrace The Christmas Magic! 

No comments: