January 10, 2023

The Christianville Spirit: In Memory of Kristi (A Year Later)


The Christianville Spirit 

The Spirit that Creates New Beginnings 

January 10th, 2023 – TCS # 798 

 

Greetings, Hun! and Happy January, My Readers! My Greeting is actually Greetings! That is Funny! Also, although I said Happy New Year already, It is a Happy January as well. Just because You enter January by saying “Happy New Year” does not mean You cannot say “Happy January”. So, This Greeting has a Deeper Meaning to Me. The Word, “Hun”.  

Ohh, The Word, “Hun”. Whenever I hear it or Read it, It is like Little Christmas Bells ringing in My Head. It is a Word that in The Southern US, They use as a Term of Endearment and Sweetness in Conversations. Like Walking in a Store, You find what You want and then, You walk up to The Cashier, and They are like “You got all You need, Hun?”. However, The Word, “Hun” always reminds me of My Friend, Kristi. It was Her Trademark Line that She would always say. From “How are u Hun” to “Okay Hun”. It was a Very Common Saying. 

I say all of this because on January 13th, It will have been a Year since Kristi passed away. It is really hard to believe that It has been a Year since My Friend, Kristi passed away.  

She was a Great PTLS Friend who I would talk to in The Evenings or Late at Night. Besides, The Trademark “Hun”, It was also Her Trademark Laugh! Honestly, looking on it now, I wish I would have Recorded her Laugh. Then, I could Laugh along Her.  

After Kristi passed away, as a Way of Dealing with It, I decided to write about Her to a Friend of Mine in The Form of a Story about Her Life. I will tell you, I believe that It is a Good Story to Remember Her! I will Warn You Now, however. That, Yes, It is Good Story but a Very Emotional Story. So, Join Me at We Remember, My PTLS Friend, Kristi! 

We Love You and Miss You a Whole, Hun! (To Quote, Kristi) 

 

+++ In Memory of PTLSer, Kristi 

PTLSer Kristi...A Great Friend and  

A Great PTLSer with a lot of Heart! 

A Person who to say the Last has been through Alot, from Having Her Child , Her Husband passing of Cancer, and A Segment of Her Life that to put it Shortly, We used to refer to as an "Ugly" Segment of Her Life  

I met Kristi at The PTLS Conference in Houston in 2012, 10 Years ago last year. Hard to believe that 

Like Any PTLS Meeting went. For Some Reason, Us PTLSers when Meeting other PTLSers, We tend to be a Bit Shy. This was No Different 

I was Busy with Helping and Entertaining PTLS Family Members and She was Busy, on Her Phone 

I do remember that My Mom, Myself, Other PTLS Family Members, The Kristi’s Family rode The METRO Train that from The Hotel in The Texas Medical Center to Downtown Houston and back. 

Fast Forward a Bit. Kristi and I started to develop a Friendship where Kristi would call and Tell me what was going on with Her, Her Son, and The Rest of Kristi’s Family Country. 

More often that not, Kristi would call later at Night. Anytime in The Evening to 1:30 in The Morning, while Christian was Awake. Depending on The Day 

I believe in 2017 (I Think, anyway) She decided to take a Job at a Italian Fast Food Restaurant 

Personally, I thought that She should have done more Minor Work, like Office Work but, She insisted on Taking This Job. 

Often, She would call me and tell me that She worked for 2 or 4 Hours. Working her Arse off (in Her Words, kindly) making Bread for This Restaurant. 

It turned out that Yes, She did work her arse off But, She certainly was The Queen of Work Ethic. 

She worked Hard on The Bread while on Occasion, Her Co-Workers weren't as Passionate as She was. She told me Many Times that No One made The Bread as Quickly or Efficiently as Her. They LOVED her There! 

For Fun, She would go play Pulltabs. Sometimes, She would Win a lot because of That 

 

Then, Of Course, We get into The Latter Days 

Whenever Kristi called, You never knew what were going to get. But, I knew that We would get A lot of Laughs! 

Sometimes, It would be Short. Not much going on, Parents are Okay, Hey Son is Okay. 

Other Times, It might be a Happy Moment. Her Meeting Her Boyfriend; Her driving through Atlanta at the Same Time as Us going to Grandma Honey's House; Adventures of Driving her Moped (It was the only thing that She could drive) 

Sad Moments in There too.. Her Friend passing of Cancer; Splitting Up with Her Not-So-Nice "Guy Friend” ; and, Of Course, Her founding that She had Cancer that Spread. 

Come to Think of It, Kristi and I have been through Adventures, both Good and Bad. But, Her Cancer Adventure was probably The Hardest 

I swear, I heard her cry in Almost Every Call that I got from Her. Whether It was The Cancer Itself (We coded it "The C-Word") or a Sweet Moment, like Her Boyfriend's Parents showing her How Much they loved her.  

Around Mid-2020 is when We got The News about Her Cancer and She got the Chemo Treatments and That was that.  

She kind of (Keyword here, Kind of) thought that She was out of The Cancer but, Not, At The Same Time 

She would tell me that She was in Pain in Her Stomach and Arms 

In Mid-2021, We found out that She had Cancer again. That kind of explains The Pain. 

Now, She did make it to The Shores of Lake Michigan in Indiana with Her Boyfriend. For The Record, There are Undertoes in Lake Michigan! I did not know that! 

Then, We get to The Lasts.. It is Hard for Me to remember. But, I do remember that She called me on December 29th. Telling me that She was moving into Her Parents' House. 

 She warned Me before Christmas, Saying that If/When She moved back to Her Parent's House, that She was Really Sick.  

I remember texting her though on January 2nd (I Think) wishing her a Happy New Year and Somewhere in There, My Famous Last Words that I used for The Past Couple Months, "I Love You like Family" 

It was The Closest Thing that I could give her without either, Making Her Boyfriend Upset or Leading Her On 

I will Conclude Her Story by Saying The One Thing that I will miss The Most about Kristi. Everyone has a Trademark Line. The One Thing that She would always tell me. "How are u hun", Along Her Trademark Laugh, and Following with Whatever was going in Her Life. 

In Memory of Kristi. 49 Years Old and A Great Friend 

All in all, Kristi was a Great Friend that I will always Remember! It is always Good to have Great Friends and Also, Thank Them for Being a Great Friend. I Thank God for Kristi being a Great Friend Every Day! I know that She will always be in My Life because In My Classic Trademark, I appointed her as part of My Angel Cabinet Members. Her Position? 

 The Director of Anxiety!  

A Very Important Position in My Life and The Lives for Her Family as well. 

I am Dedicating This Newsletter in Memory of Kristi!  

Love You like Family, Kristi! 

 

Thanks For Reading The Christianville Spirit. Always Give Thanks to Great Friends in Your Life! They are There for a Reason! 

No comments: