December 11, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Making a Positive Out of a Negative Number



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
December 11th, 2019- TCS # 666

Hola, My Readers! It is Hot Down South! Totally Kidding! Oh Yes, It is Time to finally write THAT Newsletter! As a Person who knows about Numbers and Their Meanings, I knew that when I started going into What I call, “The 600 Series”, I knew that This Newsletter, Newsletter 666 was coming sooner or later, like It or not! As This Newsletter got closer, I needed to Seriously Plan The Newsletters ahead of Time so that this Newsletter would not land at a Time when I would not want it to, like My Christmas Newsletter. Actually, If I did not take a Couple of Weeks off, It would have would Landed near Halloween. Oh Lord, God knows that I would not want that to Happen. So, I planned it before Christmas, for Positivity. Little did I realize that Newsletter 666 would happen on The Same Week as Friday The 13th, I Kid You Not! So, My Mom and I figured that I would write This Newsletter in a Positive Manner. So, Every Year usually after My “Christian’s Year-In-Review” Newsletter, I ask People what Should be the Tagline of My Newsletter for The New Year. For as Long as My Newsletter has been around, I have started it with “The Spirit that..” and Then, Something Positive. This Year, I asked People early because of The, In My Mind, Dreaded 666 Newsletter. However, I added a Twist to it! That, PTLS Family Members and Friends were asked about What The Best Thing about Potocki-Lupski Syndrome (or PTLS) and Their PTLS Child. So, The Following are The Responses.
The First is from PTLS Family Member, Karen of The United Kingdom.
“after reading your post the first thing that came to mind about Steven right now was Contentment as he doesn’t seek the need to find happiness he is content within himself .
I spend time thinking up ways to enhance his life to make his life interesting and exciting as he is quite a home body but when a 
 psychiatrist asked him recently what makes him happy Steven replied “ just doing what I do every day “ which to some might seem too little but to him it’s everything , he follows all his tv programmes , he plans his day around them , he sets reminders when new shows are coming up , he knows all the characters and can remember how many shows are in each season , how many seasons have been made and when the next season is being made . 
What it’s made me realize is that everyone’s idea of happiness is not the same but to be content with what you are able to do is pure happiness

The First was an Emailed Response from a PTLS Family Member that I know Very Well.
So, Here are Some Responses that were Sent via Facebook. For Their Privacy, I won’t mention who The PTLS Family Member is. Enjoy all The Responses and See How My Fellow PTLSers embrace Their PTLS!
“My child is always caring about us, asking how my day went, that he loves me, that I look good.”

“My child is the sweetest. She sees a hint of a tear in my eye and it’s “you ok”? Constantly tells me she loves me “so much” and gives me the best hugs. I’m the only one she will hug that hard. And sometimes she won’t let go until I tickle her. I always ask, “you’ll always be my girl?” She says yes every time. It’s one of the things I love most about her not being a “typical” teenager. She actually likes me!”

“I am faced with the "how was your day" before I can get completely in the door. He senses every emotion and knows when a hug is needed. It can make it a bit of a challenge when I need to have a good cry, and find I have to go hide so he does not worry. My child gives the best hugs. This syndrome brings us such worry, yet all along, they are the ones worrying about us, always wanting us to be happy. Imagine a world filled with the love and care our PTLSers bring us?”

“Isn't it such a joy to know our children make it a nicer place to be. My child brightens up everyone that meets her. People are drawn to her...teachers and people only that have met her are in awe of her. Amazing! And proud she’s mine.”

“My child is very loving. She is always checking to make sure everyone is happy or if they are having a bad day she does everything she can to make it better. She loves to give hugs. She finally understands that she needs to ask before doing this because she wanted to hug people she just met. We have to be careful if we are upset or sad because of how she picks up on our moods. Some days I'm not sure what I would do without her loving greetings!!”

“My child has always stood out as being full of joy and love. Strangers are often drawn to her and amazed at her spirit. Her daycare provider told me that she is the one child that "sees" her. She says when she’s having a rough day she will notice my child staring at her and will go up to her and ask if she needs a hug. She tells her she loves her. Her kindergarten and 1st grade teacher have said the same exact thing. She has always done that with me as well. When other children are having fun or opening up presents, My child is often smiling and giggling enjoying other children have joy, rather than becoming jealous. When her Brothers get hurt, she cries for them as well.”

“My son will rub or pat our back if someone is upset, sad, crying. He’s not much of a hugger, but he will give a hug, too.”

“When my daughter gets in the car after school her first question is how was your day? did you have a good day? What did you do today? And says I missed you all day.”

“I am very blessed that I was chosen to be the mom of such an incredible little girl. She always has a smile to give when others need it. She lives for sharing love. She cries when others are upset. What a gift!”

“My son does not see his diagnosis, even when others talk about it. He does not want to play with others at school, but watches the children play. When another gets hurt, he is the first to get the teachers attention to help. He lives life his way, and I love that!”

I can tell You now, I sense A Lot of Love that Your PTLS Child has for You and Others, as do I Myself. Thank You for All of Your Responses! It Means to A lot to Me! All in all, Us PTLSers have a lot of Love and Joy to Give!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. It is The Season of Joy, See The Joy in Your Child

No comments: