November 28, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Words and Actions



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
November 28th, 2018-TCS # 616

Čao, My Readers! So, This is a Slightly New Greeting! This is a Formal but, Slang Way of saying Hello in Czech. It means “Yo” in Czech. I am told that It sounds like “Ciao” in Italian but, with a Czech Twist. You Learn Something New Everyday! Before I get started, Welcome to The Holiday Season! The Most Joyest Time of The Year and My Favourite Time of The Year! I think It might be time to address something, I do realize that I am writing with a European Style with words like Neighbour, Favourite, and so on. Honestly, I kind of like the Way The Words look, They look more enhanced. Compare Neighbor vs. Neighbour. Which one looks cooler? I know they look and sound alike but, To Me, The “our” part sounds more like Orr like Nay-Bour instead Nay-Ber or Fav-Er-It in American English over Fav-Orr-It. 
Anyway, Enough about that. So, Considering It is The Holidays, Let’s talk about Something that matters. So, I have Learned A lot of Lessons in This Crazy Year of 2018, but, One of Those Lessons that weights on My Heart is One called Words vs. Actions. Now, Yes, to a certain extent, If Your First Love Language (Which We talked about a Few Weeks Ago) is “Words of Affirmation”, than Words can show that You are Loved. However, At The Same Time, Some People give You Words of Love with No Action or an Opposite Action of What Their Words were, and That is where The Lesson comes in. Some People will tell you that Action-less Love comes worse from Your Family vs. Friends and Strangers. You See, I had Two Examples of Both Extremes. Love with Action, something that My Friend, PTLS Member Relation and Appalachian/Pacific Crest Trail Hiker, Delaware Dave calls “Love in Action” and Of Course, Action-less Love. So, The Other Day, My Mom got a Crazy Idea (When does that Not Happen! LOL) to want to Decorate Our Front Yard. Now, For The Record, We are better decorating Inside Our House at Christmas, than We are Outside. I Digress. My Mom got some Little Snowmen to put in Our Front Yard and Then We put The Lights on The Bushes in Front, because When We do decorate Outside, that is a Tradition. Anyway, We figured that We should go and get Some more Little Snowmen. Apparently, Our Lovely Neighbours across The Street really enjoyed The Little Snowmen! So, Off to The Store We went. So, We go to The Christmas Section and My Mind goes Crazy! Thinking that We need that, No We Don’t. Oh, That would be Cool if... You get The Idea. So, We arrived where My Mom had gotten The Snowmen, and Again, My Literal Mind was looking at Each Thing and Wondering how it would look in The Yard. I started to think aloud like “I feel like I want to go Crazy This Year with Christmas Lights!” Of Course, a Teenager at that moment was staring at Me. I thought in My Head, “Do I sound like I was Literally Crazy or Am I thinking out loud, Too Loudly” It was like I could feel the Warmth (Not Good Warmth) of The Stare! Then, Came a Guy with a Big Scissor Lift. I thought, “Oh Boy, got to get out of The Way”, He was helping The Parents of The Teen that was Staring. After He helped them, He looked down at Me while He was Up There, He started to be Silly, and asked if I needed anything like a Light-Up Reindeer, Lighted Tree, or  Snowman that They had Up There. After all, The Sign up there said that to Let Someone know if You needed Assistance. I thought for a Minute, not knowing if He was Serious or not. Then, He lowered The Lift and asked if I wanted a Ride on it. Again, I wondered if He was Serious or not. I was not sure to answer Yes or No. I first said, No. and then, I thought, “When The Opportunity presents Itself...” and then, I answered a little nervously “Sure”. He let me hop onto The Lift and told Me to Hold on and Held on I did! We went up and down the Aisle and then, He took Me up to The Top Shelf of Where He just was. He and I talked and Laughed as He was showing me and Explaining to Me what His Job was. How He puts up The Signs; The Decorations; Work with The Vents; Anything that Needs to be done Way up There. After He brought me back down, He shook My Hand and He told me, “Nice to Meet You, Christian; My Name is K, Some People call me ‘Special K’. If You ever need anything, You come find me” and, That was it. I thought it was Pretty Cool to see The Store from a Different Viewpoint. and, Not Everyone can say that They have been on a Scissor Lift for a Short Ride. He said that Most People are Scared of The Height of It and I was one of The Few People who weren’t scared. My Mom went back over there The Next Day and Thanked Him because It really touched Her Heart to see Random Kindness like That. He was a “Christmas Elf” as My Mom says. He told her that “The Spirit just told him to do it”. 
However, There is also Times of Action-less Words and Action-less Love. Over Thanksgiving, I had a Phone Call with Members of “Family” where It was Very Clear to Me that Their Words did not have The Heart-Felt Meaning. To Me, Words that have Heart-Felt Meaning, means a lot more to Me than Not. To Me, It is what I have called “Wasted Ears”. There is No Point in Saying saying Meaningful Things, whether It is Something going on in Your Life, Something that You want to Teach Them, or a Feeling that You want to Express when it does not come from The Heart, It goes through Wasted Ears. Meaning, You are Wasting Your Energy and Thought telling Someone, Something You really don’t mean.
So, Why do People say things that They really do not mean? So, Wasted Ear or Wasted Words. It is The Same Thing. It is not that I want actual things, It is that I want True Words from The Heart. All in all, You know What They say, Actions speak Louder than Words. And, Words without Meaning are Meaningless.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Do Random Acts of Kindness, You might Touch Someone’s Heart.

No comments: