July 18, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: Summer of Changes


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
July 18th, 2018-TCS # 601

Yow, My Readers! It is Hotter than Hades here in Plano, Texas! It is well over 100 Degrees Fahrenheit here! In International Speak, That is basically 38 Degrees Celsius. I only remember that because that is Usually as High as The Shower Settings go in Sweden and Other Places. Anyway, on to This Week’s Newsletter! So, I laugh at Myself now, looking back something I said a Couple Years Ago when both My Brother’s Friend, Zack was moving to Colorado Before My Brother even thought of going there! and, My Mom’s Friend, Former-Student, and Gal Pal Expat, Monica was moving to Stockholm, Sweden, I called it “The Summer of Transition”. I thought it was a Sort-of Big Deal but, In a Positive Way. I still see what I am about to tell you as Positive but, It is Different This Time. A lot of Important People to Me are Moving or are Getting Ready to Move. Yes, It is that “Summer of Transition” thought, quite Literally. In Life, You sometimes find that When Things are going Okay in Your Life, is when People start Moving and Things start Changing. In Two Calendar Weeks, We got a New Car and New Refrigerator! That is a lot for a Short Time Span! But, My Important Friends like Spencer, He is moving to Austin. He has been My Brother, Michael and I’s Friend for a Long Time; Another Friend of Mine that I got to know through My Mom is moving to Florida; My Brother’s Friend is Moving; and, My Cousin, Anna is moving to Chicago for College. This is Happening within The Next Month or so! That is a lot of Change for Me to deal with! Now, I know, with Life comes Changes both Big and Small. The Changes We had are Much Smaller than a Great Friend moving, or Your Cousin moving. To Be Fair, I am happy about My Brother’s Friend moving as well as My Cousin, Anna moving, It is all for Their Good. With Respect to Colorado, It is a Beautiful Place, Don’t get me Wrong. But, There are Places in This Country as well as Around The World that are Better to Visit or Vacation than to actually Live there. For Whatever Reason, Be it Culture (or Lack of Culture); Expensive to Live there, or The Type of People that Live in That Part of The Country. I always like to recite The Line from the Movie, Star Wars, “It’s a Trap!”. I tell My Brother and his Friend that as well. Michael’s Friend agrees with that laughing because He knows It’s True. Spencer, He is moving to Austin for Better Scenery. Texas People are Loving but, Our Scenery here is not always The Greatest. Anna, as I mentioned, is moving for college. My other friend is moving for work. And Michael’s other friend is moving for better opportunities. Oh, and my other cousin, Gram, is moving for college Also. I struggle with Too Many Changes at One Time, Having PTLS makes that Happen. When that happens, It brings about Anxiety in both Excitement for The Person as well as Worry, not to mention It is also a Bit Overwhelming. Now, I know that Some Friends are only a Phone Call, Skype Call, or FaceTime Call away but I struggle sometimes, remembering to keep in Contact with that Person other than Watching their Posts on Facebook, If I am Friends with Them on Facebook. I do know that with People like Spencer, I can go down to Austin to visit them because It is only a 3 Hour Drive. Most of The Time, You tell Yourself that and Realize that 3 Hour Drive is a Bigger Deal to do when Life keeps going, You get Busy and Continue on. Unless that is, I set up a Time to catch up with them like I did while Monica was in Stockholm. I would call her Every 2 Weeks to catch up with Her at a Time that was Good for both Her and I. Whether It is a Person, A Car that I grew attached to, or A Broken Down Refrigerator that needed to be replaced, They all cause a bit of Anxiety for Me and can lead to Emotions for Me as well. All in all, Respect Our Anxiety about Whatever It might be that We PTLSers are Anxious about.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Sometimes, Change is Good. But, It is not always Easy!

No comments: