May 18, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: STW Road Trip

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

May 18, 2011- TCS # 250


So, A couple weeks ago, I was reading through My Facebook News Feed when I came across something that amazed me. You See, on Facebook I’m subscribed to Spread the Word to End The Word or What I’m now going to call STW. Anyway, on one of STW’s Status Updates, It mentioned that 3 College Girls named Sarah, Samantha, and K who are going on a Cross-Country Road Trip this summer to help support STW and do presentations at everywhere from High Schools to Community Centers about how the “R-Word” is hurtful and How it Makes people with Special Needs feel excluded in The World when they should be a part of our society. Also, these College Girls after their presentation, they see how many will sign the pledge to not say the “R-Word” anymore and end the use of the “R-Word”. Anyway, it makes me very happy and very proud that they are doing this because I think that this word should be ended; Because this word is hurtful to me whether it’s directed at me or said just to be funny. So, all in all if you want to get involved with Spread The Word to end The Word, go to www.r-word.org and Sign the Pledge and if You want to read the blog of the STW Road Trip check out,http://stwroadtrip.bestbuddies.org.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. The “R-Word” is very hurtful to people with Special Needs. So, We ask that you don’t use it.

No comments: